Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,
I thought I would share some pictures of the loading system I built for loading my Teryx on to my 2004 GMC 2500. I can not take credit for the design. I found a similar system on another forum. So far this has proven to be a very safe way to load and haul the T. I have hauled it over 400 miles, and loaded/unloaded it a dozen times with no issues. The Wheel Well ramps keep the machine from sliding off of the wheel wells when you drive over them. The ramps are from "All Ramps" They are a fairly new model called "UTV". They're good for 2500 lbs.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Looks like a nice system... Where is your top in the pics?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great system. There is a good opportunity for the fabricators on this site. If I could buy one of those I would in a second. I am sure a lot of others would too,.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rutcutter,
The top is off for hauling. After reading about all of the problems, I removed mine before it cracked. My neighbor is a "tin smith". He makes chimneys, and just about anything out of sheet metal. I took my top to him. He made me three reinforcement plates to attach to the underside of the top (front section, middle, left, right). They are 20 gauge stainless. I painted them black to match the top. I wil post some pictures as soon as the paint dries!

·
Registered
528 Posts
NIce tailgate replacement on that chevy. I would think more short bed truck owners would be interested in that for sure.

Rog

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Where did you get the ramps ? I like the gate to. I put mine in the back of my F350 long bed and built a wood frame to get over the wheel wells. I need light and longer ramps.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dirt Daddy,

The Ramps are AWESOME. They are from ATV Ramps - Motorcycle Ramps - Lawnmower Ramps - Wheelchair Ramps - Access Ramps.
Here are the Stats. I hve owned two other sets of ramps-no comparison to these. Cost is around $299-which includes shipping. Very safe, nice and wide too!

NEW ITEM!!

Please welcome the Newest Addition to our Aluminum Ramp Lineup - UTV01 - Heavy Duty Utility Vehicle Ramp

Set of 2 Pieces
High-quality aluminum construction
2,500 lbs total capacity (1250 lbs per piece)!!!!
95" Long x 18" Wide
3" Spacing between rungs
Each ramp weighs only 26 lbs
Rubber fingers to grip tailgate/trailer for easier loading/unloading
Arched design to help guard against high-centering
Safety straps are included to secure the ramps to your vehicle/trailer
Each piece folds to a convenient size for easy storage (48"x18"x5.5")

1 - 8 of 8 Posts