Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new teryx that I am having issues with and concerned. Week before last and CV boot came loose. It was covered under warranty and was fixed. At this same time it was due for its first service which was also done. Picked her up last Wednesday. Took her out on Saturday and after riding for about 4 hours, started to hear a knocking sound. This is mostly after slowing down for acceleration. Nothing looks loose. Still have great power but just don't understand where the knocking could be coming from. Very concerned as this is a new machine and we have not been rough on her at all. So thankful we have warranty coverage but just concerned as to what the problem might be.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Sounds like your engine braking system....If so......

nuthin' to worry about.....you'll luv it once you see how well it works

Low range down steep rocky grades.......did I say low range ?

Yes......new owner....remember to to use it more than not on steep trails....

up or down !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like your engine braking system....If so......

nuthin' to worry about.....you'll luv it once you see how well it works

Low range down steep rocky grades.......did I say low range ?

Yes......new owner....remember to to use it more than not on steep trails....

up or down !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are definitely using the low gear. Taking in to dealership tomorrow to have it checked out. We definitely did some climbing on Saturday and loved it!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had Teryx checked out at the shop. It is all good. Its in the gear when we let off the gas too fast it is causing the popping sound. Didn't know that was a normal thing. But if we let off the gas slower it doesn't do that. Dealership checked her out and all is well. We are just breaking her in! So glad all is well.

Thank you Baddazzbigblue for responding! At yours is not boring blue..... its a great color.....thats BADA** BLUE :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jabroni619 You are so right! I have a habit of doing that. With all I have been thru in my life, I am trying to finally enjoy life and live for me. My boyfriend brought me into this new world of adventure and we are definitely enjoying it for sure. It amazes me how well these things can climb and go over things. Never knew these type of things even existed. This is definitely new to me. I gonna loosen up and roll with it!

Hoping to visit Prentice Cooper State Park in Chattanooga on Sunday

1 - 7 of 7 Posts