Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disappointed to see Honda East Toledo are selling Teryxs discounted already. Must be even more disappointing for Kawasaki. LEs are 9299, Base is 8599.

So is the economy the reason or the product itself?

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Invoice on base is $8599, then add in freight. Got mine for $8999 last week in AZ. Seems as you move further east the price drops

·
Registered
385 Posts
What is selling good right now??? polaris 3.99 for 5years? You will see alot of dealers going under with this 4 doller gas and ALOT PEOPLE GETTING LAID off. GM closing 4 truck factories etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just bought mine sunday at andrews cycle in Salem, Ohio --$7600+$98fee +tax= 8236 out the door, 3 of my buddies bought on monday. Sale ends July 4 or when they are all gone!!!! Best dealI have heard so far...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Disappointed to see Honda East Toledo are selling Teryxs discounted already. Must be even more disappointing for Kawasaki. LEs are 9299, Base is 8599.

So is the economy the reason or the product itself?
The Product itself is fine. IT has some issues as any first year product will. Nothing huge, just little things that are easily addressed. The economy in the midwest is pretty cruddy compared to out west where they are selling for around $600 under MSRP. Economy is better out here so prices have not dropped as much.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
A lot of people (me included) are leary about first year runs on any vehicle. We seem to hold back till the 2nd year models to see what is corrected or changed. If only cosmetic or minor changes, then you can tell if it is a quality product. That also gives us chances for recalls and such.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When the economy goes for a dive the first thing to take a hit are the toys. Boat's, RV's, and ATV's get hurt the hardest. You will see a major change in the ATV market. More manufactures will sell alot more budget vehicles than the big bores. I feel that we will not see near as many advancements over the next few years. More effort will go into budget vehicles. Have you seen how much higher the Yammies MSRP went up for 09? I really feel they just shot thereself in the foot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Product itself is fine. IT has some issues as any first year product will. Nothing huge, just little things that are easily addressed. The economy in the midwest is pretty cruddy compared to out west where they are selling for around $600 under MSRP. Economy is better out here so prices have not dropped as much.
The reason this stuff sells for more out west is theres more places to use them. There is definitly a stronger labor market in the midwest and east coast. Last I heard plumbers in Colorado made $15 hr compared with $38 in the midwest people are just being more conservative and they already spent all there money on a HARLEY

If we had the land out here these things would be selling like hotcakes

·
Registered
82 Posts
i think the teryx's are selling great. we got 19 of them sold this month alone. it does help to stock bumpers,winches,exhaust,cdi,lifts,etc,etc. having it in stock and the word out we got the stuff really helps. we are also in part of western pa where there is alot of land to ride them on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts