Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently own a Yamaha Rhino. I am looking to get more power and really just upgrade overall. I run trails,mud,sand,plow snow,haul firewood and other chores as well as use it to hunt. I make all my units Michigan DOT legal for road use. That said so you get an idea of my intended use, What are the pro's and con's from you that actually own a Teryx of this unit?

OK so at this moment there has been 24 people read the initial post and not one has an opinion on the Teryx? Doesn't look good.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I currently own a Yamaha Rhino. I am looking to get more power and really just upgrade overall. I run trails,mud,sand,plow snow,haul firewood and other chores as well as use it to hunt. I make all my units Michigan DOT legal for road use. That said so you get an idea of my intended use, What are the pro's and con's from you that actually own a Teryx of this unit?

OK so at this moment there has been 24 people read the initial post and not one has an opinion on the Teryx? Doesn't look good.
Maybe you can be a little more specific as to your question about the Teryx. Are we comparing it to your Rhino's or what? Teryx is a great platform so far...I see it doing all of the items on your list...As stated on this site... As the Rhino there are tons of add-ons and upgrades available...and the Teryx can be made DOT legal...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think you actually answered you own question my friend. You are looking to use it more for a workhorse, therefore, the Teryx will be much better for your use due to the more powerful powertrain.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, Just read this now, so I'm responding right away. I wanted a Rhino ever since they came out for many of the reasons you stated. Then when the RZR came out & was raved about because of its performance I was torn between the 2 of them. Then, I started reading test reports & began to think the Teryx might be the best of both worlds. Seemed like the ride, handling & stability were topnotch. I really liked the idea of the V twin & the variable locking front differential. I drove one & knew that was the one for my uses. RZR, Ranger, & Arctic have all made improvements since I bought my Teryx (early May), but I believe I still would choose the Teryx even if the prices were about the same. The fact that I saved considerably by buying the Teryx is just an extra bonus

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. I did not need comparisons between the different units. I can do that on my own by driving them. The initial post was vague as it was supposed to be. All I was looking for was opinions about the teryx from people who use them similar to how I do. Thanks for all the information. It sounds like a top contender for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am very happy with my purchase of the TERYX. Both my friends have a Rhino and RZR. I got to drive both of them and the TERYX is alot better than the Rhino and the RZR in my opinion. I feel alot safer in the TERYX. The only negative I have seen about the TERYX is no gas gauge. And it is a little to wide for some of the trails I like to ride. For that reason I have some nice scratchs in it.

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Real simple...buy stock Rhino, spend $1000 on mods to go 50mph...Buy Teryx, spend $200 on CDI to go 61mph + burnouts in the street. THAT is the power difference in the V-Twin. It's a very good machine if you want the power, but not the "bulkiness" of the Ranger.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use mine quite a bit for workin' ... push the limits of the 1500 lb. towin' capacity and the 500 lb. cargo capacity right reg'lar.

Does a fine job ... just make sure you drop 'er down into low with a heavy load as per the owner's manual.

Only complaint from me is the lack of a friggin' gas gauge.

:TX:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts