Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im Dave from AZ and I am torn on what to buy. I have gotten down to whether I want a razr or a teryx but have no idea where to go from here. I want something that is gonna perform very well off the jumps and do great on the trails at the same time...i dont plan on really doing an modding to the sxs either...i want to stay as stock as possible. what are your thoughts

I think mostly I just want to be able to jump the thing and not worry about workin on it every weekend...and the power needs to be there,,,what are the stock teryx doing as far as speed goes???

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have studied this very same topic extensively and have decided that once my rhino and I part ways I will deffinately be getting a Teryx.

·
Registered
53 Posts
my buddy has a rzr and he has had to replace everything but the motor. but it is fast, when its running

·
Registered
813 Posts
I say teryx,my buddy has a rzr also and his has giving him some problems too.. I love my teryx.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i say teryx too not just cause i own one but my buddy has a razor too and has had to mod everything also made it wider and taller and faster and has too pull a trailer just to carry an icechest and a tool box that is if he wants to carry a pass.

·
Registered
74 Posts
1st dont get your hope's up on staying stock. You already found this forum and its over for you. As sone as you fill it up with gas it will start. You look at the pump and say well maybe if I run 91 it will run better. Then you realize hay if I get a programable cdi I can optimize this 91 octane fuel Im running. After you get the cdi in you see the tach output wire and you say hay I cant have that lose wire I need to hook a tack up and 5 to 20 thousand later youl be looking for your next project. Ok back to the real question I considered the same two machines and for me I just couldent picture myself loading a dead elk in a rzr. I think performance wise they are prity close. but I think you shold buy a teryx. One more thing I bet if you ask the same question on a rzr forum they will tell you to buy a rzr but if you just dont listen it will be ok.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I agree your done since your on this forum, I have a teryx and raced the RZR next to it and it beat me.. AHHH! I have the FST cams, pistons and springs and I just make the RZR look like it is standing still now!! HA... now what! My Teryx is always in the air,it is so stable, I ma real hapy being a teryx owner..

·
Registered
77 Posts
as a rhino owner, i wouldnt trade my rhino for any rzr, but i sure would for a Teryx, and i am already considering it after seeing martins in utah at the utv rally.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I considered buying a rzr while i build up the teryx. I had a rhino, dumped a bunch of money in it and loved every bit of it. I put that machine thru hell and it asked for more. It impressed a lot of people. My buddies too, now they have rzr's one has a turbo now. As a stock machine the rzr takes it. I dont know that anyone has the will power to stay stock though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Stock for stock you cant beat the RZR. Way faster, you can get into some tight trails, and she will fly of the jumps.
The Teryx is a great platform to build off of though, but will take a couple thousand in up grades to meet the speeds of the RZR.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
But the RZR needs thousands to bring reliability to the Teryx. I'll take being able to ride mine every day as to going fast one day a week.:twist1:

·
Registered
77 Posts
But the RZR needs thousands to bring reliability to the Teryx. I'll take being able to ride mine every day as to going fast one day a week.:twist1:
ding ding ding!!!!! well said, even the rhino is better than a rzr in that respect, but i think the teryx has the speed and the reliability from what ive seen so far

·
KFXokie
195 Posts
Stock for stock you cant beat the RZR. Way faster, you can get into some tight trails, and she will fly of the jumps.The Teryx is a great platform to build off of though, but will take a couple thousand in up grades to meet the speeds of the RZR.
I ran even start to finish against a stock razor.* I have $200 in a Dynatek CDI, $10 for 6 foam filters for 6 holes in the lid, $8 for jets and fabbed some old HMF duals exhaust.* Paid $11,400 for a LE including tax. Wheels and tires were $850.* That is $12466 total.* All the new Razors I saw were priced at $12,500 plus tax. My buddy has razr that he rolled jumping dunes.* Now he is fixing the body and adding wheel spacers to add stability.* I was jumping with mine getting about 5 foot of air under the tires and never felt uncomfortable in the air or landing.* Hope this helps you.* Even if all you did is plug in the Dynatek CDI, it would be easy for me to pick the Teryx every time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Um, after taxes I paid 10,800 OTD for my RZR, 12,500.00 is a little excessive.
I have yet to spend thousands on my RZR to make it reliable either. I blew A front hub, polaris covered it under warranty, other than that I have had no issues with mine.
I have driven a Teryx with a dynatek still wont compare to the RZR
I have also done a cam install on the same teryx but I still dont think it will beat a RZR its better but wont beat it.

Next step is A FST big bore For the Teryx, I really do hope that wakes it up. Like I said, I think its a great platform to build off of but takes a lot of money to match the speed of the RZR

By the way, "Gibbies_03" said he didnt want to do any mods to the SXS.

So until Can-Am comes out with there SxS, I think the RZR may fit his needs :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts