Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum. I know this is a Teryx forum , but could I get some feedback from you all and help me decide between a Teryx or a Rhino. I'm more leaning toward a Teryx because of price and the v twin engine. Does anyone know when the 09's come out? I like the idea of a fuel gauge and some little things that the Rhino has that the Teryx doesn't. Please help. I'm going nuts because I want one of the other quick so I can be a part of the UTV world. Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
A Gas Guage can be added...and hop-ups are available, more all the time since it is a new product. Your mind (and wallet) are the limit to your build! I love mine! I was eyeing the Rhino 700 EFI also...But with the potential and the stoutness/build quality of the teryx... Sold itself...I am glad I did! Got some other opinions too... Always helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
if youre going to build it for racing, go with the teryx. two came out to corr and would have finished 1 and 2 but one broke.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I too had considered the Rhino or even the RZR, but one test drive of the Teryx + several product reviews sold me on the Teryx. The ride, handling & stability are top notch. The V twin has loads of potential, limited as has been said, only by your imagination & pocketbook. The forums will help you a lot with small things like adding a fuel gauge as well as major engine/clutch mods.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If nothing else, price and the v-twin will probably sell you if you are performance oriented. I know some hunters who preferr the Rhino because of a little softer suspension feel and more narrow stance; however, both of these hamper the performance. I think mostly, it's the one that they were most familiar with.

I can say that our local dealer is owned by some aquaintances of ours who sell about 1100-1300 motorcyle/atv units a year. They sell more rhinos than anything hands down. They don't necessarily recommend it more so I don't really know what drives them.

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
I went with the Teryx over the Rhino (also looking at 700 EFI). Cannot compare the power between the two. Take a look under both and your see a dramatic different in the a-arm/frame "stoutness". Sure the Rhino is more refined right now, but it sure costs more to develope power which the Teryx already has...Now if you want to race around and don't mind the cramped space you might look RZR way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was in the same boat as you, and my first choice was the RZR, but I really wanted back seat, so it came down to the Teryx and the Rhino. I ended up with the TRex. Why, power, the Vtwin is much better on low end torque, second the 4 inches wider that it is really makes it more stable. Last the suspension is better stock on the trex, and last it is better looking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was told by everyone to get the rhino 700 efi , but I've owned a Priarie and a brute force, So when I went to the dealer I had no Idea what I wanted. After I test drove both one after the other no comparison. I wanted the Teryx. It took me 4 months to buy it but I knew what I wanted. Just drive them both you'll see.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
If for no other reason.... Look at the prices. The Teryx Base is $3000 less than the Rhino.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts