Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a 06 660 rhino and sold it to get a 750 brute.i love the brute but now want to get another sxs. i mostly ride trails with the wife. the only thing that i did not like about my last rhino was the lack of low end power. the only mods were 25in MST tires and a pro comp box. im not out to race anyone.but i would like more low end power. im a big guy 6"6 300 and fit OK in the rhino.so can you give me the good,bad on the teryx,and what mods if any would i need. thanks for your help. ERIC-F

·
Registered
813 Posts
I done what you done and wanted the teryx,its got a TON of low end... You'll love it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My $.02. I am patiently waiting on a Camo Teryx LE. This was one of my comments from another Forum.

I am the "buddy" Topgun refers to. I agree with his evaluation of our test drive on the Rhino/Teryx. My intial "hope" was that the Rhino would prove to be a much better machine. I wanted fuel injection, excellent "off road ability", and a high quality machine. When you drop over $11K for something, you want, expect and deserve a quality product that meets your needs. I have no loyalty to either Yamaha, or Kawasaki. I did want fuel injection-as stated, and the Rhino had it.

I actually drove two Rhinos-a 660 and a brand new 700 Sport. I also drove the Teryx-twice. All test drives were done on and off road. Unfortunately there was no comparsion. The Teryx had significantly more power, was more stable, and definitely handled better. The Rhino was like driving a golf cart. I have owned multiple dirt bikes, three quads, multiple fourwheel drive trucks, jeeps, and SUV's-so I do have some experience with off roading, and know what I want in an off-road vehicle. The Rhino-huge disappointment. If you plan on doing extensive engine modifications-the Rhino may be an option. For me, after dropping $11K on a UTV, I do not want to spend another few $K on getting it to run as well as the Teryx does in stock form

I did not test the Arctic Cat-primarily due to the fact that it will not fit in the back of a full size pick up-which for me is a requirement.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I own a Rhino, I'm shock testing a Teryx. Go Teryx all the way! Even with stock shocks they ride and work awesome. No bucking and kicking. I can't tell you how the stock shocks, especially the fronts, will hold up over time, but Kawasaki did their homework.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Go Teryx Or Go Home !

:beer8:TERYX. I cannot compare it to a Rhino I've never been in a Rhino, this TERYX is my first side X side. I'm up here in Washington State and it's all trail riding. I go out with my son and his friends My son has an 85 Toyota on 38" swampers and the others are just like it. I have flowed they on every trail they go on and some they can't fit on. This thing will clime hills. With the front locker it pulls a hill hard and it doesn't run out of power. I'm 5' 7" 255

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts