Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DRIVE WITH THE PARKING BRAKE EVER SO SLIGHTLY ON. :hat1: A FRIEND OF MINE WENT ABOUT 3 MILES THROUGH THE DUNES WITH IT ON AND IT GOT REAL HOT ANT COOKED THE FLUID DESTROYING THE PADS AND ROTOR AND TWO MAIN SEALS.HE SAYS IT RAN GREAT AND HAD NO IDEA THE BRAKE WAS ON.:campfire_flames_md_ TOOK IT IN TO KAWASAKI AND IT IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARANTEE.THEY SAY DUE TO NEGLEGENCE IT WILL COST $441.00. WELL IT IS WHAT IT IS.WANTED EVERYONE TO KNOW CAUSE THAT P-BRAKE PEDDLE IS LONG AND CAN GET HIT BY MISTAKE.I KNOW HE SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT ON THE DASH.........FIRST TIMER.. PEACE OUT.

·
TERYXERISER
311 Posts
That a very expensive course in vehicle operations 101/102!!!!:tools1:

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
i know tons of people that leave them on in the rhinos.. and roasted rear brakes.. so i imagine it will be happening to a lot of people..

g-

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tileman- Since your buddy didn't notice the e-brake was on during the ride, how did he know something was wrong? I am guessing the rex was leaking from the calipers.
I did the same thing on my first ride. Buddy got stuck on his rhino so I helped him get unstuck and forgot to release the brakes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we were at glamis. i followed him in my rail and could smell something burning.by the time i caught up with him it was too late.the fluid boiled out the breather tube all over the passenger seat

·
Registered
813 Posts
Expensive lesson,I find myself releasing the brake and havent even engaged it..:doh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts