Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Teryx has not developed a roof/visor crack -yet. However, when trailering it home from the dealer I noticed significant movement in the front visor section. I removed the roof until I could make some type of modification to reinforce the front section. I bought 20 gauge stainless sheetmetal and had my neighbor (he is a Tin Smith) bend it to mold to the underside of the roof/visor section. I painted it flat black and utilized round head 1"allen bolts (1/4 x 20). I have not trailered the T yet-but it is quite a bit stronger.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Hope your mod works.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Let us know how it work out for ya,im just strapping over the center on mine for now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I caused a 5 inch crack right where the visor starts down by hitting a limb, with only 1 hour on the meter. Trailering it home, the crack went almost the full width of the roof. It's now off.

Since riding without the roof, I now understand why in the Teryx ride review with T. Kendall....they took the roofs off. For the whole duration of the time I had that roof on, I had stuck sticks between the roof and the frame to keep the thing from banging together. I'm just not a fan of the stock one at all. I'll either have a metal one built, or do without.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kawasaki Teryx Roof- Cool or Not???

Hey all you Teryx Owners-- I am in the Aftermarket Design Business for UTV's and have made some cool looking stuff for the Teryx..but Now Kawasaki has this plastic Roof that dosent work with my designs!! Also it looks as though the plastic roof might be junk as guys are having to reinforce there roof due to flex and cracking. I see Kawasaki has an Aluminum Roof and also a Soft Top out...Would most guys get rid of this Plastic Roof and go with the aluminum, soft top, or just plain have no Roof?????? Just gotta know everyones thoughts!! Thanks! Ryan.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've heard....with any 'woods' riding.
Soft top will quickly get a hole poked in it.
The factory alumimum looks nice, but dents easily.

I have seen a picture of an aftermarket heavier than factory metal top, aluminum I think, that forms the shape of the cage. Has lip front and back. For me it would be along that line, or no top at all. But I've perhaps not really seen all the options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts