Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m new to the forum. I’m wanting to do a long travel kit on my 2021 t4. So I understand that the rear shock bracket will need to be cut off and moved 2”. Also the steering rack is different on the s model so I will need to sleeve my tie rods to gain length or find someone that makes custom ones. Axles…. This is my big concern. HCR sends new shafts only and you have to swap your cv’s and satv send completes… I’ve talked to 1 guy who did a hcr kit on a s model and he said he had to get a custom axle made for the drivers side rear. I’d like to know if I buy a satv kit if the axles will work. I would think once the control arms are on they would as long at the cvs are the same on the regular teryx and the s model. Has anyone had any experience with this that could shine some light on the issues.
Right now I’m running 14” 4+3 offsets with 30” M1 evil tires. I have 1.5” front spacers and 2” rear spacer and stage 1 Hester edition elkas. HMF titan XL exhaust, JBS doing the clutch and ecu. Several other mods as well.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m a fabricator, I do not mind working out the shock bracket locations. This teryx is gonna be featured in a video on UTVonDemand.com I want to do a long travel set up on the S model. Is there anyway you can find out more details for me before I purchase a kit?

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
595 Posts
I’m a fabricator, I do not mind working out the shock bracket locations. This teryx is gonna be featured in a video on UTVonDemand.com I want to do a long travel set up on the S model. Is there anyway you can find out more details for me before I purchase a kit?
I would also suggest talking directly to Hester's to get some info. They have done a lot of the work and research using SATV products already, so they will know exactly what would be involved. The mid travel set-up they are doing with the SATV 6" lift kit and no brackets is pretty kick ass... and might give you more overall performance gains than an HCR or SATV 3" long travel, although you don't get the boxed a-arms.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would also suggest talking directly to Hester's to get some info. They have done a lot of the work and research using SATV products already, so they will know exactly what would be involved. The mid travel set-up they are doing with the SATV 6" lift kit and no brackets is pretty kick ass... and might give you more overall performance gains than an HCR or SATV 3" long travel, although you don't get the boxed a-arms.
John and me talk several times a week. His mid travel set up is pretty great but I want the boxed arms. He is gonna put a shock together for this set up for me.

·
Vendor
1,022 Posts
John and me talk several times a week. His mid travel set up is pretty great but I want the boxed arms. He is gonna put a shock together for this set up for me.
That's awesome. Great guys. If you're working with them on this....it'll be an awesome setup. The mechanic that did the initial try-on went back to his old job building helicopters....and I can't remember for the life of me what the fitment issue was on the S. If you're a fab guy, you can make pretty much anything work though. Lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts