Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finished the fab work on my snorkels tonight and since I have searched the internet and could'nt find any detailed pictures of Teryx snorkels (accept a few from Puddle Jumper) I decided to take pics as I went and post them up.
I am no profesional and if you see anything wrong with what I am doing, please feel free to let me know.
I started with a 3" to 2" rubber adapter for the belt exhaust. I looked at Puddles work and tried that but after fighting with it for a while I decided to just flip it. The hardest part of putting snorkels on a Teryx is the clearance issues at the belt exhaust. However if you flip your adapter and put it inside the rubber sleeve that is on your belt exhaust you gain plenty of clearance to run a pvc street 90 out of it. Then just add a street 45 and a straight piece with a couple 90's on top and your exhaust is done.
On the intake side I was going to use the original rubber boot that attatches to the engine but I needed a lil flex so I replaced it with a metal covered 2"x2" rubber adapter. Then I inserted a 2" male to female 90 and a short piece of 2" pvc connected to a 2"x2" rubber 90. Its important that you use a rubber 90 here because it a odd bend that is slightly more than a 90 and the rubber allows you to make it. If you dont use the rubber here your snorkel ends up too close to the exhaust coming out of the front cylinder and will cause future problems. Then theres a short piece of 2" pvc connected to a series of 45's and 90's connected to another piece of pvc with a couple 90's on top and you have your intake snorkeled.
I have pictures that show the 3"x2" adapter before and after I cut it down to show how much to cut off. And also shows how to insert it in the original rubber sleeve. I also did away with the original zip ties on this sleeve and added hose clamps to it.
The next step is to glue everything and add some heat tape to the areas that come close to the exhaust.
Be sure and let me know what ya'll think and let me know if you see anything that will be a problem.

Heres a list of the parts I used (from Home Depot):
1-3"x2" rubber adapter
1-2"x2" rubber connector
1-2"x2" rubber 90
3-2"x2' pvc pipe
5-2"street 90
2-2"street 45
1-2" 45 (non street)
1-2" 90 (non street) male/female
12-12 ounce Miller Chill

Lance

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
thats great thanx..that is my next project....after my 20hr service...8 hrs to go....

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thanks,its nice to know that we dont have to cut anything..

·
Cooterbob
210 Posts
Great Info!! Help me out. I'm new to the snorkeling procedure. Is the Belt exhaust the only part of the belt housing I need to waterproof, or is their more?? Explain the benefits of the intake snorkel on the driver side. I was hoping to do just the belt only. Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both of my snorkels are belt housing snorkels. The belt has both an intake and an exhaust. The snorkel on the drivers side runs to the front of the belt housing and connects to the belt intake. The whole point of snorkeling is to keep water from entering the belt housing, so if you never going to go in water high enough to enter the vented area in front of your shifter then you may not want to snorkel the intake. But the exhaust is extremely low and water can enter it in even the shallowest creek or other water crossing.
The carberator intake is a whole other snorkel. I have not snorkeled that so far and probably wont because I dont plan on going that deep.
Hope this helps. If anyone wants different pictures let me know and I will be glad to shoot any angle I can.
Finished glueing and sealing it all up tonight and it looks good.
Lance

·
Cooterbob
210 Posts
Thanks for the info! You saved me a lot of time. Have you tested it yet?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I snorkeled mine almost the same, and have put 28 hard hours on it with no problems. Were I live the belt snorkel is a must.

·
Registered
13 Posts
way cool!! tucked behind seats with no mods?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow what a job snorkled mine today. Took all day started at 830am finished up at 8pm. All I did was the belt exhaust and intake. Thanks for all the help puddle jumper.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have had my bike snorkle since January and i have had my intake done the hole time if any body need some info on the size and what you need to jet with or with out progamer for the snorkle because it makes a big deal. I have acuple of video's on youtube. the only thing i dont recomend dont put an hmf pipe on and try to go in backwords.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Has anyone snorkled with bigger than 2" pipe? If you do any performance mods the 750 seems to need more air than the snorkle will allow.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
run two 2" pipes and bafle them off to get what you need
How are you connecting the second pipe to the airbox and keeping it water tight? Any pictures?

·
Registered
23 Posts
yea mine has two 2" pipes for the intake. you will need it for the air flow but you will ether have to ajust air fule screws or just bafle off the 2 pipes to get wate you need out of it. i have 142-146 jets in mine at the 3 turns out that the jet ket said. but if you are not going to snorkle you air box i got the best performs out of closing the factory hole off and put two new 1 1/2 holes in the back for the lid with no snorkle. it will run like a bat out of hell with the programer on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 2" Snorkel coming straight off my Air tunnel the stock air box was removed it started all kinds of hell for me, I have a K&N Filter on the end of my snorkel running muzzy exhaust and all the other mods and jetting was a serious problem with it

·
Registered
31 Posts
yea mine has two 2" pipes for the intake. you will need it for the air flow but you will ether have to ajust air fule screws or just bafle off the 2 pipes to get wate you need out of it. i have 142-146 jets in mine at the 3 turns out that the jet ket said. but if you are not going to snorkle you air box i got the best performs out of closing the factory hole off and put two new 1 1/2 holes in the back for the lid with no snorkle. it will run like a bat out of hell with the programer on it.
Pedro, am I going to have to rejet my carbs if I just snorkle the belt intake and exhaust? Also I have read where you can just move your carb vent hoses up because they are placed really low? IF this is true do I have to rejet with that also>? Thanks

1 - 20 of 83 Posts