Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2018 Teryx 800. I am haing issues with it not wanting to start after riding for a while. Sometimes it will just clic, and sometimes it won't do anything. I can jump it off and it will start. But after that once riding again it will throw the EPS light. Anyone had this problem?

·
Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
890 Posts
I would put a voltmeter across the battery posts to confirm whether or not it is charging. Should be around 14 volts with a few rpms.

Mike

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Likely either the battery is simply bad, or the stator is not charging the battery. It takes way more power to start the machine than what is required to keep it running, which could explain the machine staying running but requiring a jump to restart. If the stator was not charging at all the battery would eventually completely be empty and the machine would stop running at all. The EPS light is likely caused by having low voltage.
Always check the obvious first and verify the battery cables are tight and not corroded. Then as mentioned check to see what the voltage at the battery is both with the engine off and with it running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts