Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After one of the more recent rides I had plenty of gear in my storage compartments, and when I took the gear out I noticed the stuff on the bottom was wet.

Once all the gear was out there was some water in the bottom.

I did not think I went through any really deep water, and as far as I know the latches on top were latched. I know that the expanding plugs on top could leak if it got that deep, but I never got that deep.

Any other places I should look to seal besides the expanding plugs on top that hold the boxes in?

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,261 Posts
After one of the more recent rides I had plenty of gear in my storage compartments, and when I took the gear out I noticed the stuff on the bottom was wet.

Once all the gear was out there was some water in the bottom.

I did not think I went through any really deep water, and as far as I know the latches on top were latched. I know that the expanding plugs on top could leak if it got that deep, but I never got that deep.

Any other places I should look to seal besides the expanding plugs on top that hold the boxes in?
I assume you had no water bottles or other liquids in there. I have noticed on my machine that if the storage boxes are closed for long periods of time (weeks, not hours) that condensation will build up inside them caused by temperature differences. The first time I noticed was when I went to go get a tool from my kit and they were all rusty!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a push pin missing on the top side of my storage compartments that was allowing water in. After I replaced, no more leaks.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume you had no water bottles or other liquids in there. I have noticed on my machine that if the storage boxes are closed for long periods of time (weeks, not hours) that condensation will build up inside them caused by temperature differences. The first time I noticed was when I went to go get a tool from my kit and they were all rusty!
I had no containers with any liquids in the bins, and I would not mind a little condensation this was standing water in the bottom of the container.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You said you didn't go through any deep water, but by any chance was it raining during your ride. Just trying to determine if water coming in from top or bottom.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I"ve been having condensation issues as well and thinking about venting both my tubs as well due to mildew and rusty tools.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I prop my covers open with a piece of 2X4 I carry as a jack base. Keeps everything from getting funky between rides. I don't think you would get standing water from condensation.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,261 Posts
I prop my covers open with a piece of 2X4 I carry as a jack base. Keeps everything from getting funky between rides. I don't think you would get standing water from condensation.
Thats a good idea. I may try that myself. Although if I leave it like that very long, wasps will move in. I've already had to knock down three nests attached to my roof.

Hint: If you have to do this yourself, mix a dish soap and water solution in a spray bottle. Spray the wasps and nest liberally. The soap on their wings makes it so they can't fly. Then all you do is knock'em down and step on them :angel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts