Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I came up with for a sub box for the Teryx. No welding needed to mount. I drilled 3 holes in existing brackets on the Teryx and made a coulpe of brackets out of aluminum angle and some flat stock steel. It's made out of 3/4" MDF then sprayed with truck bed liner. The only other mod I did was to cut the firewall for the sub to "vent" into the cab and made a relocating bracket for the rectifier. I was able to get .36cuft internal volume of the box which is perfect for the JL Audio 8W1 or 8W3.

The first pic is looking straight at the woofer with the cubby compartment/cup holder removed.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
i have 2 10"w3's in my truck,now if jl would make a waterproof sub i would have one!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
in theory, any sub without a paper cone is weatherproof if the box is sealed. look for resistant cone and surround materials (rubber, aluminum, poly, etc.) and you should be ok for quite some time.

·
Vendor
88 Posts
in theory, any sub without a paper cone is weatherproof if the box is sealed. look for resistant cone and surround materials (rubber, aluminum, poly, etc.) and you should be ok for quite some time.
Yes'ir, your spot on. Most people pay way too much for a white cone and plastic basket. In this enviornment, it doesn't really matter. You did forget to mention Surround material. Many many woofers still use foam surrounds for 'better' excursion(cheaper to make), but they will breakdown much faster. Any butyl surround and metalized/poly/alum cone will work great. Infact, same theory applys to amps. No amp is waterproof. Marine amps only have a coating on the board that protects the boards leads from oxidization, not water. This is good on a boat that lives 24/7 in the salt air, but doesn't do anything in 99% of the area's we use our Side by Side's.
Trevor

·
Registered
323 Posts
yeah, i forgot to clarify but that's what I meant when i mentioned rubber (butyl). and you're exactly right about the amps as well.

btw...nice job on the fab& install, crnacnac. let us know about the end result. i've always been skeptical of putting a sub on a sxs or atv because by design they don't work correctly because they aren't making any sound pressure since there's no cab. but i guess the shaking effect on the bike would simulate this pressure to an extent.

·
Vendor
88 Posts
thats why we strayed away from the underseat sub box design, there's too much loss. Our rhino sub box firing forwards sounds great, even better with doors and a roof.

Trevor

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thats why we strayed away from the underseat sub box design, there's too much loss. Our rhino sub box firing forwards sounds great, even better with doors and a roof.

Trevor
Exactly. Mine friend has one of your sub boxes in his Rhino and it kicks a$$.
Three of my frineds have my 10" sub box in their RZR's (under dash, through firewall) with 2 channels of an ALPINE PDX-4.150 going to a Type S woofer and it sounds incredible.
All of mine and my friend's toys are 100% Glamis use only.

·
Vendor
88 Posts
lol... I was gonna say you look just like Steve.

nice install.
After so many years of working on cars... I really like doing side by side's. less headaches...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts