Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea why my 2019 teryx4 Le has a vibration around 30 mph and levels off at 40 in high and around 15 mph-20 mph in low it did it new with stock tires and does it now with aftermarket wheels and street legal tires. It’s not coming from the wheels it feels like it’s coming from the motor/clutch area and harmonically transfers through the rest of the machine I’ve driven others and they don’t have that issue. It only has 25 hours on it. Any help from someone who has had this issue would be greatly appreciated because the dealer says that’s normal

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 teryx le and I have noticed that on mine as well from brand new, and it was that way. I even put mine on the jack pulled the rear tires put it in gear and revved it and it was still there and yes seems to be in transmission clutch area. I did play with the rear motor mounts. I backed them off a little and it seamed to reduce the sound and vibration. I plan on working on this this weekend and I will post some pics. I did notice the front drive line at the universal joint near motor has a little more movement than the rear drive line. I will let you know if I come with a solution and post it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read somewhere that it was some sort of heat shield rattling or hitting something . I just don’t have any free time at all to tear into it, that’s why I was hoping someone else had a solution . Thank you for the heads up

·
Registered
74 Posts
If I may throw something out there to try.
My buddy a few doors down has a 17, T2. After about 2000kms it developed a vibration (rattle noise).
It was occurring at different speeds. Cant remember exactly what speeds now sorry. But it was in both a slow and fast range.
We tore the bike apart looking for anything. Evening put it entirely up on Jack's and ran it at different speeds in 2,4 and lock.
Finally we left it stripped and put only two boards across were the seat go and took it around the lake with him driving and I looking like some idiot crawling around listen.
Onlookers thought we had lost our minds! Lol
Before you try this have a look at the lower side of you heat shield. Even though it appeared to be attached correctly there was a harmonic vibration being sit up at different speeds. We tried everything to fix it, no luck. Finely, a simple smack with a rubber mallet caused a indentation which was enough to change the vibration.
Then again it may be something this simple in a totally different area.
Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I had my clutch redone by Vforcejohn did the stage 3 mod and just finished installing it with a new belt and the vibration I had is all but gone i notice it a little but its nothing like it was so I think a new belt might help. Its worth a shot and always good to have a back up belt just in case. And as I said before see if the rear motor mounts are to tight. Just back them off a little. Hope that helps let me know if you have any luck with it or maybe a different solution have a good one buddy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the advise , I rode it through the hunting club the other night for a long ride in low range and when we got back on the road put it in high and hauled tail back home the noise was gone , strange since most of our riding is high range and that one long ride in low seemed to cure it . Then yesterday it seemed to reappear at 40 in high but nowhere near as bad. I’m wondering if the belt didn’t break in properly and the long ride in low helped it , the machine is only 2 months old and have only been highway and trail ridden. Also which heat shield did you whack with a mallet? As on the t4 they are a little hard to get to

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have a similar noise. I plan on changing the belt soon and when I do I'm going to search for any rattling in that area... will advise...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please anyone with a solution let me know mine is at the dealership now and when I dropped it off I took the tech for a ride and voila it won’t reproduce but for 700 miles at home it’s done it. My dealer is 2 hours away. Any help would be appreciated

·
Administrator
Christ is King
4,242 Posts
I know they generally don't balance utv tires and wheels but... It has helped with some people esp if you're not bouncing off rocks most of the time etc. Wheels and tires are never 100% so sometimes even mounting the tire in a different orientation on the wheel helps etc. Just something to consider if you have trouble finding the source.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I should have mentioned it . I have stock tires and wheels and it does it with them also I have rockstar wheels and rage Mohave dot tires that have been road force balanced and it does it with them . It’s an rpm related vibration since it only does it at certain rpms since it does it at 15-20 in low range and 30-40 in high range if it was a tire issue high or low range wouldn’t affect it only the speed . But I definitely appreciate any and all help or info

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone figured out what this is yet?
My 18 has done it since new. At around 25mph it'll lose its smoothness and develop a vibration/out of balance feeling in the driveline. It seems to dissapear at 45 mph and when you take your foot off the gas and the driveline is not under power and beliw 25mph its fine too. Its so annoying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone figured out what this is yet?
My 18 has done it since new. At around 25mph it'll lose its smoothness and develop a vibration/out of balance feeling in the driveline. It seems to dissapear at 45 mph and when you take your foot off the gas and the driveline is not under power and beliw 25mph its fine too. Its so annoying.
I have some what the same issue. Did you ever figure it out ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts