Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'd always assumed the Mule had the same engine as the Teryx.. but looking at the specs, the Mule has a 3 cylinder , anyone have an idea on how they compare performance wise with the Teryx?

Was thinking the Mule might not run as hot due to the cab being forward of the engine, and maybe less noisy in the cab, but would like to hear from someone who knows for sure.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
The engine in the MulePro is a Chinese automotive engine, on paper I think the H.P. numbers are very similar (50ish). Your thoughts about the noise/heat in the cab with the rear mounted engine are correct. The Mule Pro is more geared toward utility, the Teryx sport/utility and the KRX (100 H.P.?) pure sport. Kent Green who operates Moab Cowboy Offroad Adventures in Moab Utah, has a Mule Pro he calls his Cowboy Cadillac which has made MANY trips on the slickrock trails of Hells Revenge!

Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a T2 that im totally happy with, although heat and noise are things i wish i had less of.. i actually bought it based on seeing many older Mules still running having been beat by farmers etc, i have no reason to think my Teryx will not last but its getting about 5yrs old and i may be getting that "one more last sxs" itch. The Mule may make more sense for hunting, and so long as its not a regression in reliability or comfort, i may have to look further into them.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,480 Posts
I have a T2 that im totally happy with, although heat and noise are things i wish i had less of.. i actually bought it based on seeing many older Mules still running having been beat by farmers etc, i have no reason to think my Teryx will not last but its getting about 5yrs old and i may be getting that "one more last sxs" itch. The Mule may make more sense for hunting, and so long as its not a regression in reliability or comfort, i may have to look further into them.
This time of year, a little extra heat in cab is a nice thing! My T2 is a 2016 and I've got 4000 miles on it. So far, nothing but maintenance items and its never left me stranded.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
There are several different versions of the "Mule", and assume the OP is talking about the Pro-FX series. These are the biggest versions with the 812 cc 3 cylinder. My dad was really close to buying one and would have been neat to compare it to my T4. Not that I would call the Teryx sporty, but definitely seems sportier and better on most trails than I would expect the Mule to be. The lack of a front diff lock on the Mule would definitely take it out of the running for me as I use the diff lock all the time because of running technical/difficult trails....but if you only run easy to medium trails it's not an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts