Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the forum. I have been checking around and I am wondering if anyone anywhere has done an engine swap, putting a ZX14 or ZX10 engine into a 2008-09 Teryx? I have found plenty of swaps for RZR's and Rhinos using GSXR motors, but no Teryx-ZX swaps. Any Information would be great. Me and my mechanic/fabricator have been tossing this idea around for a bit, and I think it is about time to give it a try......Maybe? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Yes, there is some information about a ZX10 swap somewhere on this board. I know of a couple of builds with the ZX10. Nothing with the ZX14 though. I believe the ZX10 is the choice only because it fits some of the rule books where as the ZX14 does not.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Call Scott at XMF. He runs one in a modified teryx.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
i've wanted to do it, but would be useless here as i dont have wide open desert riding to enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I think weller makes a kit for the Kawi motor just like they do the R1 motor.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
we have 2 zx10 lucas oil short course cars and 3 Drs1 desert cars and 1 zx14 cars we have built I dan tell you everything you going to need to make that motor work. first thing you need to decide is if you want reverse or not

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
What kinda pricing to make the zx work?

·
Registered
133 Posts
What kinda pricing to make the zx work?
I'd like to know what kind of price tag your looking at also. Might be cheaper just to go buy a RZR lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
CEK,a member on this forum has a frame and most parts other than motor for this set up look him up in the for sale section

1 - 10 of 10 Posts