Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has experience going from a Le to a LE S ?
I can get a standard Le for 3000 less is the S Worth anywhere near that difference?
Thanks for your advise .

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
I have not personally had the pleasure of driving an S model, but have been told by a very reliable source that the suspension performance is much improved. $3000 worth IDK, kinds of depends how it will be used, suspension mods are not cheap.

Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love my “S” model. Never drove a standard Teryx but buddy owns the Kawasaki dealership I bought from and he said the “S” model is worth the money. I’ve read it’s only like $1k more than an LE model.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
299 Posts
3k less? MSRP is only $400 difference.
Supply and demand... dealers are setting prices high right now and they are getting a premium for the S model because it is in even greater demand I think. People are paying it...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The MSRP is only $500-$600 more for the S but not surprised that dealers are asking $3k more. For $600 more it's a no-brainer to get the S model.......but not sure about $3,000. For that money you could buy high clearance and offset arms front and rear along with a good set of aftermarket shocks and have money left over. Guess I would have to drive an S model and compare it to mine with arms and Bandit shocks.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
299 Posts
The MSRP is only $500-$600 more for the S but not surprised that dealers are asking $3k more. For $600 more it's a no-brainer to get the S model.......but not sure about $3,000. For that money you could buy high clearance and offset arms front and rear along with a good set of aftermarket shocks and have money left over. Guess I would have to drive an S model and compare it to mine with arms and Bandit shocks.
I totally agree with you, but I think for a lot of people the fact that all those upgrades are financed into one payment makes it the best/easy option. I don't know that the S models are up to $3k over the LE around me yet, but I wouldn't be surprised because people don't worry about it too much when it's all wrapped up in that "one easy payment", lol. To many people (myself included) the price point is one of the main attractions to the Teryx so I would think at some point it would be getting too close to the price/payment of some of the sport machines and you might lose customers to a Talon or a Maverick?

·
Registered
2017 Teryx4
298 Posts
Local dealer has a new '21 Teryx S LE listed on their website for $100 less than MSRP. That is, according to MSRP of a '22 on the Kawasaki website.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Supply and demand... dealers are setting prices high right now and they are getting a premium for the S model because it is in even greater demand I think. People are paying it...
Then you got to find a different dealer because I bought my S model 2 months ago for MSRP and they threw in the first oil change for free.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I totally agree with you, but I think for a lot of people the fact that all those upgrades are financed into one payment makes it the best/easy option. I don't know that the S models are up to $3k over the LE around me yet, but I wouldn't be surprised because people don't worry about it too much when it's all wrapped up in that "one easy payment", lol. To many people (myself included) the price point is one of the main attractions to the Teryx so I would think at some point it would be getting too close to the price/payment of some of the sport machines and you might lose customers to a Talon or a Maverick?
I agree that there are advantages since on the S model it's all factory equipped (warranty, no labor to install) and can be rolled up in one payment. Part of my point is whether the S is actually the same or even better than a regular Teryx with arms and shocks.
In regards to the arms, aftermarket front arms from SuperATV or Highlifter provide more offset and more arch/clearance than the S. The rear arms on the S are not arched/high clearance at all.
Aftermarket shocks increase the travel and claim numbers in the same ballpark as the S model. Not sure if the ride quality is the same or not, but I have heard reports the the S rides pretty good.
The S is wider but you can put wheel spacers on a Teryx.......though on paper I would prefer to have the increased width due to the longer arms than spacers, but not really sure how much better the longer arms are than spacers. I will say that along with the wider arms you have longer axles and tierods so less angle and stress are put on those, and have potential for more travel.
It would be really interested to hear a first hand report of trail riding between an S model and a regular Teryx with those mods. Don't get me wrong as if I was currently shopping for a new machine the S model would be getting a close look, but to be honest right now I don't have any huge desire to trade in mine that already has Bandit shocks and arms on it.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
299 Posts
but to be honest right now I don't have any huge desire to trade in mine that already has Bandit shocks and arms on it.
at least until they slap a 1000 cc motor in it, right? :LOL:

·
Registered
2021 Teryx S LE - Candy Persimmon Red/Black
22 Posts
Wondering if anyone has experience going from a Le to a LE S ?
I can get a standard Le for 3000 less is the S Worth anywhere near that difference?
Thanks for your advise .
So I have an S and got one bc it was the only model they had in stock near me. I. Sure glad I did. Why? If you plan on doing any mods what so ever get the S.
A common mod I've read about on the Teryx is to get longer arched A Arms, bigger longer travel shocks to fit larger tires, and a wider more stable width... well the S has all that at just $600 more than a LE model at MSRP. Think it may cost you 3k or more to do those mods yourself. So depends on what you want to do with your teryx.

Haven't seen any prices cheaper than that but if so its prob a wash if you want those mods.

I'm very glad I got the S over LE or base bc I can throw 30s on it and still have it stock! Can't do that with an LE.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts