Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@MattN03. A couple of things some practical some not. If there wasn’t the S model I would have gone with a pioneer. In order to get the nice adjustable shocks on the pioneer your either looking at buying them aftermarket or paying 21K I think. And in order to run 30”s on the Honda you’ll need to do offset a arms so that’s another 1000. Where as the S you can run them with out any mods (from what I’ve seen). Secondly I wanted the creature comfort of actual seats and a bed when all 4 people are in the machine which we do a lot. We don’t do much driving over 35-40 just to go into town. So top speed wasn’t a huge concern and honestly after having the Honda I just wanted to try something different.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@TNTsRex ya I’m surprised at this point they haven’t had it available with a 1000 seeing as the 800 has been out for so long. Must just be such a good money maker for them. I think there are a couple companies now making internal gear reductions for the teryx but a 1000 would just be nice. A lower low and a higher high would be awesome hahaha. I really think for a short wheel base 4 seat Yamaha hit it out of the park with the R-max but it was just a little more than I was willing to spend, if I were financing a SXS it would have made a bit more sense but it’s hard to part with the cash just to buy a teryx let alone the extra 4-5K for a base Rmax. Maybe someday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts