Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
What made you get the T4 instead of a Pioneer 1000-5?

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
@MattN03. A couple of things some practical some not. If there wasn’t the S model I would have gone with a pioneer. In order to get the nice adjustable shocks on the pioneer your either looking at buying them aftermarket or paying 21K I think. And in order to run 30”s on the Honda you’ll need to do offset a arms so that’s another 1000. Where as the S you can run them with out any mods (from what I’ve seen). Secondly I wanted the creature comfort of actual seats and a bed when all 4 people are in the machine which we do a lot. We don’t do much driving over 35-40 just to go into town. So top speed wasn’t a huge concern and honestly after having the Honda I just wanted to try something different.
A friend has a 1000-5 with almost 7000 miles and has been very solid so far. I like how quiet it is and how much more power it has than my 750, but I hear you on the seats. I thought the front seat was very hard and not particularly comfortable and the rears looked very uncomfortable for any length of time. I'd also worry the rear seat tracks would get filled with dirt and then couldn't slide back and forth. With the rear seats in position, there isn't much storage space.

I still think the T4 is the best setup for 4 people, but wish they were quieter and had a 1000cc engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts