Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Teryx4 LE
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It has taken far longer than I expected, but I am almost done fixing up and painting my T4 trailer. I have completely re wired it adding a 25 ft 5 way trailer wire harness for the reverse lights I added, and a 2 to 3 wire conversion that separates the tail/brake lights from the turn signal, since it is an amber sequential turn light. I just finished staining the wood. I'll post a before and after pics. All I have left.... is to install the rhino USA 4 wheel chock tie down system, which I am currently painting to match the trailer to be completely finished and ready to take on the road. This should make me easy to find for any of you that want to meet and go do trails. :)
Wheel Tire Outdoor bench Plant Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Teryx4 LE
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great job! I’ve never seen that much detail work on a trailer.
Thanks 303hunter and Rmills, I have to admit...No one has ever called me "normal".... I painted my 5x8 trailer like this, except i never did the black stripes on it. and my daughter told me to paint this one like it, so I kinda had to. Glad it's almost done, not sure if I have it in me to paint another trailer like this. It took over 500 feet of vinyl stripe tape and 18 cans of primer, paint, & clear coat. and about 3 weeks to do it, mostly at night from 7pm to 3 am ( lately) been burning the midnight oil. finishing up the wheel chocks now and hoping I didn't overdue the black stripes, taped them off last night while sleep deprived and half drunk. Now it's time to bolt the wheels chocks in place and I will be done...finally

Rectangle Textile Sleeve Font Red

Triangle Rectangle Wood Tints and shades Font

·
Registered
2016 Teryx4 LE
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought I had replied after SuperATV, Rmills and Arizona defenders posts, but it's not on here. Thanks for the comments. Defenders Teryx is the same color as mine. When I sent pics of my T4 to a friend right after getting it, and he saw the color and asked when I was going to EVH the teryx?

That Frankenstrat is sooo cool Lifted, I think I need to make a mount for it on the bars behind my back seats and I could do the trails in style, plus it would look great back there when I have it on the trailer going to and from the trails..can I borrow it? ...heeheehee.. I know the answer already and would give anyone the same "(Hell) no" answer
I had to stop working on it last week and my daughter came for a 3 day weekend so I'm just now getting to start on it again.All that's left is to drill & bolt the chocks down, hopefully I can get that done in the next day or two. and will finally get to post the final pics of it all finished. I have some EVH guitar pics to give you Lifted, I only wanted the tin they came in.
I have also learned about some more offroad parks in Missouri. One is near Sparta, close to chadwick called soggy bottoms. and one is near Mountain grove called Hooter Hollar.
plus I have several in Arkansas that I want to go to down by the Mulberry river and some by the Big Piney river. time to finish the trailer so I can start taking it. time to start drilling the chock holes! hopefully finished pics will be on here soon

·
Registered
2016 Teryx4 LE
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I should be ready to go to Disney this next time. after finishing the trailer, I will start getting my camping gear organized and ready. I am long over due to take this T4 out for the 1st time.

·
Registered
2016 Teryx4 LE
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll probably camp at hogans this time, and will get cabin number from you while there. I do have a rhino chock question for you, I'm getting ready to mark the holes to bolt the chocks to the trailer. do i push the chocks right up to the tires, or do i leave a little gap?

·
Registered
2016 Teryx4 LE
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
great, thanks. I'm going to go mark them now, then take them out so I can unload the T4 and start drilling holes and get them mounted and finish this thing

·
Registered
2016 Teryx4 LE
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
well....maybe tomorrow....as i was about to mark the holes for the wheel chocks today my family tracking app alerted me about a possible wreck with my parents and it was right
so i had to quickly unload t4 and trailer and run up to there. theyre ok but dads vehicle is totalled. I brought them home and they seem to be fine but They might feel sore tomorrow? If Im lucky, I can finish trailer tomorrow, if not it will be a few days. I will be using this accident to take the keys away from dad and will probably take moms car away from her too. It wont go well with them, but needs to be done. I'll post pics when I can get trailer finished, not sure when that will be right now. I was faster than a nascar pit crew tonight, unloading t4 & unhooking trailer from my truck so I could race up to accident. I ran both stop lights in town and passed many cars from the center turn lane on the way up. but did it safely and made sure no one was crossing street at stoplights before I ran the red lights, its a small town & not much traffic....thank goodness, hopefully I can start all over again tomorrow or thursday

·
Registered
2016 Teryx4 LE
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
been a busy couple of days, hooked trailer back up to truck last night so i could start on it early today, then had to unhook it early this morning and take mom to the hospital. she thought she could carry a garden hose reel from back yard to her car and she hurt her already sore back, was at hospital from 9am til 2:30 this afternoon. hopefully I can get it done in the morning.... but i thought that last night too. it won't take long to mark the holes. I should get it done tomorrow or sat....i hope
kept mom home all day yesterday, so she still doesn't know I took her car keys....that battle is still coming. I'm going to act like I didn't take them and tell her I'll have to order a new set and then program it to her car. I'll have it done before disney and will have my sister come for that weekend so I can go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts