Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
KENNETH
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoying our new Teryx, love the power and smoothness of the suspension-----but the noise level is way too close to an open cockpit helicopter!

Anyone tried any of the sound lowering paths?

Have seen add on exhaust systems that look to be nothing more than a second muffler added to the existing system. Could work but seems a lot of weight to add when something lighter could work.

Under body sound proofing could be done to take away some of the engine/fan noise. Would need to be waterproof and tough.

Anyway, the amount of noise is silly on a off road UTV.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Kenneth, I just purchased my camo LE last Friday and also found the noise and engine heat very annoying so I had some leftover Dynamat from my car project so I lined all the plastic that is covering the engine and it makes a big difference to me I will wrap my header pipes next, I hope it makes it more comfortable in the cab. I bought 50 sq/yards of fatmat off ebay for like 50 bucks, I plan on doing all the plastic with it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
does it just glue in on the underside of the plastic?
For the heat, remove the windshield, you will be shocked at the difference in temp

·
Registered
40 Posts
does it just glue in on the underside of the plastic?
For the heat, remove the windshield, you will be shocked at the difference in temp

It is like a really thick aluminum foil with a black tar like backing that sticks like crazy, clean it good and apply to the backside of plastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts