Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Managed to tip the big Teryx over today! Went over very hard on tar, absolutly NO damage to the plastic! The cage held up very well still straight as an arrow. I just cant believe nothing bent..just a little road rash on the cage.

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got crossed up in a snow bank in a shopko parking lot

·
Registered
110 Posts
Its a good thing you were in the Teryx and not a Rhino or Rzr.From what I have seen that type of roll over would have caused major damage to both of them.

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I have tweaked a few rhino cages, and poked a few holes in my rzr plastic before so just a little road rash on a cage thats coming off anyways was a bonus.......have to be a little more careful after averything gets custom paint.

And yes I did throw my leg out like an idiot but remembered to pull it back in a the last second, its just instinct. I will be making leg bars next.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its a good thing you were in the Teryx and not a Rhino or Rzr.From what I have seen that type of roll over would have caused major damage to both of them.
In a RZR the cage wold more then likely be bent.

Not necessarily in a Rhino,

Check out this rollover that somebody happened to catch with a nice still camera.

This isn't me and these aren't my pictures, I saw them on the rhino forums a few months ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looking at the first and second pic in the last row I find it very hard to believe he came away with no broken bones.In the second pic he is half way out of the rhino.I really don't know if I can trust the last pic being shot at the same time as the rest.

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats a good one!
I agree the rzr cage is super light duty thin wall tube where the Rhino has alot thicker wall tube and is just built better..but we manage to bend them all one way or another

·
Registered
8 Posts
WOW! That would have been a wild ride. I don't think that any machine could handle that one without having plastic damage. Seeing those pics makes me cringe. Got to keep those hands and legs inside the sxs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put mine on its lid going over a 4' bank at night never crossed my mind that it would go over. Thats what I get going from a long travel rhino to a stock teryx. It was a slow role, bent the cage scratched the hood and smashed my hand all in the first two hours. Gives me a reason to buy lights seat belts and side panels, Im even thinking of arm restraints

·
Registered
6 Posts
flipped mine over the weekend and held up, scratched up the plastics tho, hit a turn at 50 dont know if it was at 50 but last time i looked down i was 50 pinned wasnt expecting a big bush around the turn i had to dodge. still feeling the pain of impact but im still alive =]

·
Registered
369 Posts
all that with a stock seat belts and cage, mmmmmmmmmm that last picture. the passengers jacket isn't even dirty.
who was the guy last year with the 5 mph rolll over that put the wife in the hospital ? Hey 2009 teryx I turned mine over at around 40 complete barrel roll with a aftermarket cage and 4 point harness and felt the pain for a couple of months,nothing broken but my pride. plastic was scratched a little to my suprise. cage was tweaked but did it's job.

·
Registered
182 Posts
WOW!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Those pictures give me the creeps! I cant believe they didn't get hurt and if you ever needed proof that a 3 point belt doesn't work... well there you go!

I hope all you guys that are rolling at high speeds take note and upgrade your seats and harnesses!!!!! well, ok everyone should upgrade! IMO :icon_thumleft:

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
flipped mine over the weekend and held up, scratched up the plastics tho, hit a turn at 50 dont know if it was at 50 but last time i looked down i was 50 pinned wasnt expecting a big bush around the turn i had to dodge. still feeling the pain of impact but im still alive =]

This is mine after a rollover at about 50. We rolled several times. I have a really hard time believing a stock cage could take a 50mph roll? I would like to see some pics of your cage after that.

I put mine on its lid going over a 4' bank at night never crossed my mind that it would go over. Thats what I get going from a long travel rhino to a stock teryx. It was a slow role, bent the cage scratched the hood and smashed my hand all in the first two hours. Gives me a reason to buy lights seat belts and side panels, Im even thinking of arm restraints

This seems like a much more accurate statement. A slow role over and it still bent the cage. I think the Teryx has just as shitty of a stock cage as any of them. Unless all you need it for is to keep the stock roof over your head you may want to upgrade.

In fact the guy I sold my stock cage to said the same thing he was going very slow trail riding and was on a steep side bank and it flipped on its side. Not even a full rollover and it hit a rock and bent it up pretty bad.

·
Registered
369 Posts
that last post looks like a real roll. belts and cage can't go wrong. I thought I was done rolling and it had one more turn back upright on the wheels whew!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts