Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15 minutes, 30 minutes max to install the Kawasaki storage box for my 2018 T4 LE they said. "No problem". Well, that didn't take into account removing the spare tire and lower roll cage support to slide this thing in. The Tusk spare tire rack just didn't give me enough space to slide the box in place.
Then, none of the mounting holes lined up. I have to admit, I am mechanically challenged but, 2 1/2 hours later, I got it installed and have no intentions of ever taking it out. Pleased with the product and I think it'll do what it's supposed to.
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2022 Teryx SLE
167 Posts
15 minutes, 30 minutes max to install the Kawasaki storage box for my 2018 T4 LE they said. "No problem". Well, that didn't take into account removing the spare tire and lower roll cage support to slide this thing in. The Tusk spare tire rack just didn't give me enough space to slide the box in place.
Then, none of the mounting holes lined up. I have to admit, I am mechanically challenged but, 2 1/2 hours later, I got it installed and have no intentions of ever taking it out. Pleased with the product and I think it'll do what it's supposed to. View attachment 65202
Nice! Where did you get the receiver mount spare tire rack?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Where did you get the receiver mount spare tire rack?
Thanks. I got that specific one from Rocky Mountain ATV. It's for that machine. It's a really easy install and very sturdy. The downside is that you lose the use of your receiver hitch unless you uninstall it. It mounts to the frame on 4 places as well as the receiver.

·
Premium Member
2022 Teryx SLE
167 Posts
Just noticed that yours is a T4, and it wouldn’t fit my T2. I’ve got a welder and tools to do it, so I may make my own mount.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just bought a oem cargo box and i had issues as well. the mounting holes were my biggest problem. they were not correct but i made it work.
Yes sir, they were off just enough that I had to take a drill bit out to resize them. It seems to be a good box though. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes sir, they were off just enough that I had to take a drill bit out to resize them. It seems to be a good box though. Good luck with yours!
yep i did the same. i really like it so far, took the t4 to the beach this past week and got caught in rain when driving into town and it didn't get any water inside. i like that it is lockable as well, others weren't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts