Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I found.

2009 Sport green.
Muzzy 840 Big Bore Kit (Bored Front & Rear Cylinders, 90mm Pistons, Rings, Pins, Clips)
Muzzy Valve Spring Kit
Muzzy Camshafts/Rocker Arms Kit
Muzzy Digi-Tune FI Controller
Muzzy Full Dual Exhaust
Muzzy 6 Blade Aluminum Fan
Warn Winch XT 40
Race Cage with Pads (not sure of type or who made it but it looks good)
Fender Flares
Door Inserts
Front buckets with 5 point harness(Not sure who made these either)
Rims(Size unknown)
XTR Tires(Size unknown)

It was a dealer demo. it has 200km on it and he wants $21000CAD apx 18000usd. That is a cash price takehome. Is this a good deal? It looks like he put alot of work into it. I don't know who exactly made the cage but it looks like he bought all top quality accessories for it. What you guys think? Also what is it missing? I think it still needs a clutch kit(Dalton) and a Dynatek ignition. Any other suggestions for it? The intake is stock but I ride in wet muddy conditions mostly so maybe a submarine snorkle kit with a k&n. I welcome your thoughts. Thanks:eek:k:

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I paid 12800 for mine new out the door and found a guy who will build any cage I want for under 1200 price the rest on the internet and im sure you could come out close with a brand new machine for the same money and built the way you want it

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Sounds like a nice machine but unless there was a LT kit on it?...:rm_thumbdown:

I'd say $15,000 US would be a fair deal...

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Long travel makes them to wide for the narrow atv trails in Alberta.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I paid 12800 for mine new out the door and found a guy who will build any cage I want for under 1200 price the rest on the internet and im sure you could come out close with a brand new machine for the same money and built the way you want it
That is cheap Where did you buy it? The cheapest I can find in EcoCycle and they want 14400 tax inc. for a monster.

The way I figure it will cost me 14500 out the door bone stock. That leaves me $6500 for accessories. Parts cost more in Canada for shipping and border fees. I think the big bore kit, tires, seats and the cage would eat up $6500. Maybee if I can get it for 20k out the door that would be more reasonable?

·
Registered
335 Posts
you guys are forgetting his location. Thats Canadian Dollars. With the exhange rate right now thats a fair price.

buying all the parts and getting them shipped is a HUGE expense on duty!

We dont have it as easy asour southern brothers........huge costs on duty, taxes and shipping

my 09 monster had a sticker price of $ 15,300 plus plus plus

ended up getting it for 13,400 OTD prices are way different here

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is cheap Where did you buy it? The cheapest I can find in EcoCycle and they want 14400 tax inc. for a monster.

The way I figure it will cost me 14500 out the door bone stock. That leaves me $6500 for accessories. Parts cost more in Canada for shipping and border fees. I think the big bore kit, tires, seats and the cage would eat up $6500. Maybee if I can get it for 20k out the door that would be more reasonable?
Mine came from eco the owner is a friend of a friend and took some work to get that low might even be old pricing with that much difference i bought in may still dont think i would buy a demo IMO I like to know that I am the only person to ever abuse my machine and I am keeping mine somewhat stock till warrenty is up as not many people have these around here yet and I want to see how it holds up

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
How much are injectors?
We will be testing 4 sets of injectors this weekend. Depending on what ones work best they will be from $225.00 to $359.99 ....... IF IT HAS STOCK INJECTORS ON IT NOW THEY ARE AT 100% DUTY AND NEED TO BE CHANGED ASAP.

and you think it needs a power commander?
Well i do now for a fact they cannot see what duty cycle the injectors are at with the dobeck/muzzy controller. I also know that it will still only go 53MPH and hit the rev limiter VERY FAST. So with our power commander ignition and fuel controller combo it will raise the rev limiter to 9000 RPM and remove the speed limiter.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We will be testing 4 sets of injectors this weekend. Depending on what ones work best they will be from $225.00 to $359.99 ....... IF IT HAS STOCK INJECTORS ON IT NOW THEY ARE AT 100% DUTY AND NEED TO BE CHANGED ASAP.

Well i do now for a fact they cannot see what duty cycle the injectors are at with the dobeck/muzzy controller. I also know that it will still only go 53MPH and hit the rev limiter VERY FAST. So with our power commander ignition and fuel controller combo it will raise the rev limiter to 9000 RPM and remove the speed limiter.

Why are these things always so complicated. LOL

Are you talking about the powercommander and the dynatek ignition? or is the powercommander 5 fuel and ignition combo?

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Why are these things always so complicated. LOL
Dont worry ..... we make it VERY EASY.

Are you talking about the powercommander and the dynatek ignition?
Dynatek does not offer an ignition for the 2009 yet. Not sure when or even IF they will offer it.

or is the powercommander 5 fuel and ignition combo?
We do have the PC5 instock, but there is no ignition module for it.

Here is what we have for the 2009. It is custom made to our specs ........ and is not available anywhere else.

Dynojet Power commander 3 for the teryx
Fully adjustable and programmable fuel controller. Completely plug and play. Able to share map files, able to view RPMs, able to see injector duty cycles, able to add or take fuel away every 250RPM and every 5,10,20,40,60,80 and 100% throttle

Dynojet power commander ignition ..... will remove limiter, will remove speed limiter, will raise the rev limiter to 9000 and able to add or take ignition timming away every 250RPM and every 5,10,20,40,60,80 and 100% throttle

We are currently using this combo on our 840 and it is working FLAWLESS.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I am buying new an building it myself. It will cost more but I know it will be done right with the right parts. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts