Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i’ve been running XT 370 . 28x19/14 on my 2019 teryx 800 le. it’s time to replace and is like to hear what everyone is running and likes?
i have the buggy lifted 2 inches and 2 inch wheel spacers.
i want a good mud and snow tire.
hope you all are doing well and have a happy Thanksgiving !

· Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,700 Posts
I've been running 28" Rock-a-Billy tires from Sedona on my ride for the last 4,000 miles. They are getting down to about 40% tread now, but still no leaks, no cuts and no plugs. They are a very good overall tire, but are lacking in lateral traction in my opinion. In the winter, when I put the snow blade on for plowing, I actually put the original Big Horns back on as I have found that they do really well in the snow. The Big Horns are a very good tire tread design, but are a little too fragile for my regular riding environment so I take them off in the summer.

· Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,700 Posts
Mine are the 2.0 Big Horns that came on the bike. I went with aftermarket rims and tires so I still have the originals mounted on original rims which makes changing them out easy. You are correct about the thin rubber on the 2.0's which is why I don't run them during the summer when I ride the hardest. Snow doesn't hurt them though and they actually work really well for that.

A friend of mine bought the SunF big horn knockoffs and they have been surprising good. Excellent traction and they are built much heavier than the stock 2.0's. I am not familiar with the original Big Horns so may be they are more like that? All I know is he is very happy with them and they are inexpensive to boot.

Here's an example: Full Set 4 SunF 29x9-14 29x9x14 & 29x11-14 29x11x14 ATV UTV SxS Tires 6 Ply A033 | eBay

I'm actually thinking about these for when my Rock-A-Billys finally wear out:

· July & December '22 TOTM Winner
2022 Teryx SLE
254 Posts
I’ve been running 29” Tusk Megabites for a few months and definitely like them. They’re 8 ply, and much stiffer than the Big Horns, and work great on and off road.

· Registered
1,431 Posts
I've ran the stock Bighorn 2.0, SuperATV Intimidator, SuperATV Terminators, and Crawler XG's.

The Intimidators were good in the mud and snow, and did okay in other situations including the road. Really no complaints with them, with the only downside they are on the heavier side. The only reason I got rid of them is because they were 28's and went to 30's.

Crawler XG's were the next set and they are drastically different in regards to being more of a rock tire. I got a good deal on them and wanted 30's. They work really good down in Kentucky and Tennessee in the rocks, roots, and hardpack dirt. However they are pretty bad in deep and/or slick mud, wet grass, etc... that is more common around my home. The local park is mostly clay and gets real slimy when wet. I ran there many times with the Intimidators and my first trip with the Crawlers I got really frustrated with their performance.

Kept the Crawlers for certain areas and picked up a used set of Terminators. Obviously much better in the mud, though I liked the Intimidators better overall. The Terms did really good in the snow also. I currently run Crawlers for most of my longer weekend trips (Windrock, Brimstone, Hatfield McCoy) and swap on the Terms for local riding.

Seriously considering getting back to just one set of tires and getting a set of XT370's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts