Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i just bought a new 2020 back in July and i took the big horns off and added 28x10x14 maxxis carnivore's on all 4 wheels and 2'' wheel spacers and i having some issues with the front tires rubbing, bad enough that the bottom piece of metal under the fender wells are grabbing the center knobs and tearing chunks out. I havn't driven it much so there not that bad yet. So my question is would a 2'' lift help this or should i go a different route. They look bad ass on it so i'd love to keep them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2018 two seater, same tires as yours with a 2” lift and 2” spacers. They still rub a tiny bit but in a different spot. I took a hammer and bent the tab of metal that I’m sure is cutting your tires. The area that is cutting your tires hangs down an inch or so below the plastic fire wall. Bend it around the fire wall and spray some paint on it. That should at least take care of it cutting your tires.
143A2769-BB55-4AFD-887A-A6D4C39EA00B.jpeg

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2018 two seater, same tires as yours with a 2” lift and 2” spacers. They still rub a tiny bit but in a different spot. I took a hammer and bent the tab of metal that I’m sure is cutting your tires. The area that is cutting your tires hangs down an inch or so below the plastic fire wall. Bend it around the fire wall and spray some paint on it. That should at least take care of it cutting your tires.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have a 2014 T2 with the same setup but have 1 1/2 inch spacers and have 1/8 inch of clearance. I do not have the metal plates, instead I made my own.
20200828_102150.jpg

·
Jan 2021 TOTM Winner
369 Posts
Do you even need wheel spacers with the stock wheels or do the tires hit somewhere else without them like the tie rods?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone i just bought a new 2020 back in July and i took the big horns off and added 28x10x14 maxxis carnivore's on all 4 wheels and 2'' wheel spacers and i having some issues with the front tires rubbing, bad enough that the bottom piece of metal under the fender wells are grabbing the center knobs and tearing chunks out. I havn't driven it much so there not that bad yet. So my question is would a 2'' lift help this or should i go a different route. They look bad ass on it so i'd love to keep them.
2” lift will solve your problem

·
Registered
281 Posts
It is a good idea to use a combination when going to larger tires. The lift helps with clearance, but narrows the track while making the vehicle taller and more prone to tipping. Adding wheel spacers or a different offset gets the track back out to the original or slightly wider stance to regain stability. Basically a two inch lift needs a one inch greater offset or a one inch wheel spacer to keep the stock track width.

·
Jan 2021 TOTM Winner
369 Posts
I get what spacers do lol...I don't want them. I don't tip over often. I may even pull the sway bar off to make it even more prone to tipping. I pulled both bars off my rzr, it's tippy but if you don't drive like a retard it won't roll.

I have a 2" lift and still have the stock wheels. I wanted to know if 28x10-14's on stock wheels will rub without using wheel spacers. I don't want to buy aftermarket wheels or spacers or offset control arms. Being wider on the trails I ride would be more of a pita than anything for the most part. And I can't haul mine in my truck and pull a camper behind if I make it wider(unless I get a flat deck)..

·
Vendor
874 Posts
Forward AND Rear offset A-arms will allow you tor run up to a 30" (or a 28.5" for just the front if recall fender pans are installed)
A 2" lift will clear 28"s.
Here's a link to all the possible max tire sizes for different suspension setups if you decide to go bigger in the future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forward AND Rear offset A-arms will allow you tor run up to a 30" (or a 28.5" for just the front if recall fender pans are installed)
A 2" lift will clear 28"s.
Here's a link to all the possible max tire sizes for different suspension setups if you decide to go bigger in the future.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Howdy Josey. I run the same tires on mine and the 2" spacers. I am also running the Bandit shocks (see signature). I added in about 2.75" of preload on them and that has my tires almost clearing except at full turn. They scrub just a bit at full lock. I bet the lift kit fixes it for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts