Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally get all my clutch work finished and my motor decides to take a shit on me. It all started when I heard a wierd noise. So immediately I turned it off and had my buddy tow me home. I took it back to the shop that did the clutch work and had them check it out. They said everything was fine with the clutch. So I dropped it off and my dealer and they tore it apart. Come to find out, the oil pump quit working which casued all kinds of problems. They figured out that the front cylinder was the first to go and locked up and caused the crank to bend. So it sounds like I'm gonna be gettin a new motor. Anyone else have any problems?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Man that sucks! Sorry to hear that. We will have to keep an eye on this oil pump failure.
Last thing I want is to have my family out in it and have to hike back because the oil pump went out. I will have to make sure to carry a back pack full of stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So the dealer is going to take care of it? This weekend I took ours out to Winchester Bay for some duning , I have the Muzzy power up package. The Teryx ran great and was going all over the place it would have issues with stock. Anyway I was going up a larger Dune and it popped out of gear and made a grinding noise, looking for a gear or something. While in hing it gets kicked out of high and floats somewhere in between gears. Something went!! I took it in on Sunday and am awaiting the call. Anyone else??

973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So the dealer is going to take care of it? This weekend I took ours out to Winchester Bay for some duning , I have the Muzzy power up package. The Teryx ran great and was going all over the place it would have issues with stock. Anyway I was going up a larger Dune and it popped out of gear and made a grinding noise, looking for a gear or something. While in hing it gets kicked out of high and floats somewhere in between gears. Something went!! I took it in on Sunday and am awaiting the call. Anyone else??
The dealer is still waiting to hear from Kawi. I don't see how they couldn't cover it. You can't visibily watch/check the oil pump. The dealer also does all my services every 20 hours. If they don't cover it, I'm gonna flip out!

973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im thinkin its gonna be covered. I talked to the dealer today and he said that Kawi is draggin their feet to get back to them. I reallyt don't see how they wouldn't cover it! Like I said, the dealer does the service every 20 hours! And you can't see the oil pump! I also probally saved the motor from more damaged than what was done to it. As soon as I heard it, I turned it off.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That susks man... However, I would be all over the dealership on getting in touch with Kawasaki. I have run into that type of comment from a service shop many times only to find out they are the ones holding up the process. The shop is probably busy at this time of year and it's easy to pass the blame onto Kawasaki rather than man up.

Try calling Kawasaki yourself if that's really the holdup. Hope it gets resolved for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
well your not the first to blow your ride up. Mine blew up at 18 hours. I made it to 62 hours this time. I'm starting to think i got a lemon motor. I love the power mine has over the rhino but if its going to blow up every 2 months im going to trade it in.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts