Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Treyx is great,runs fine but the heat from the exaust is just about burning my leg on the driver side after about 5 minutes of running on dirt roads. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you have the LE model, take the windshield off until the weather cools off. The cab is very hot with the windshield on. Some have put an exhaust wrap on the pipes. It keeps your legs from getting hot, but holds the heat in the engine by not allowing it to dissapate. The engine will run a little hotter when new, but after it has broken in, it will cool off some, but not much. You can also try removing the tip on the muffler. Some have said that this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have rapped both pipes but that didn't help and I raised the windsheld up about 4 " but will remove it altogether. The kawasaki people are looking at this but nothing as yet. I will keep everybody posted when the answer is found. Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I removed the windshield and it made all the difference. The cowling on the sides of both seats are not hot anymore and I ran the unit about 1 hour at 25mph. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had the same issue, removing the windsheild helped alot. Also after 10 hours it runs much cooler. I took the enging console cowling off and covered with bquiet reat and noise reducer. Made a big difference. Now my ears dont ring after riding it wide open and center plastic barely gets warm!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts