Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on a cdi box from dragonfire and top speed is now 57mph does this sound right? Intake and exhaust is still stock, tires are 26" mud lights on itp wheels. Have bigger jets havent put them in until exhaust is done.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is that the only difference that you noticed? I've been curious if there is any real difference between various CDI's... dragonfire, dynatec etc etc.

I was under the impression that they would help on the bottom end timing as well, but I haven't installed mine yet.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Last I knew there were only like 2 or 3 companines actually making the cdi boxes......just others buying them and throwing their sticker on them. Thats the way it was for the rhinos....dynatek was the main one, and procomm, then hunterworks. Now there is msd and i think some others, but I think the dragonfire, hauck, black rhino, etc. were a mix of dynatek and procomm's with a sticker on them!

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
I put on a cdi box from dragonfire and top speed is now 57mph does this sound right? Intake and exhaust is still stock, tires are 26" mud lights on itp wheels. Have bigger jets havent put them in until exhaust is done.
Dynatec CDI in mine and I got 59mph on GPS, everything stock:yahoo:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that the only difference that you noticed? I've been curious if there is any real difference between various CDI's... dragonfire, dynatec etc etc.

I was under the impression that they would help on the bottom end timing as well, but I haven't installed mine yet.
Put it on drove it down the street two times havent had time to try anything other than see what I could get for top speed. What I am looking for is more power in low range because I am going to be entering the atv and utv sled pull classes. Pulled the sled once and it was stock.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My belief ( maybe wrong) is that the CDI should help the bottom end power some. I thought that the jet kit w/carb springs would help as well in the lower end. I thought that it would provide softer springs and let the slides open up a bit quicker. I haven't bougth the jet kit yet, but that's what I would expect. Someone who has run it will probably know better.

On our Prairie, clutch work helped for a harder hook up off the line also.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yea the jet kit help alot with the lighter springs and some TPI slides in the airbox to help with airflow and the richer jetting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts