Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

Tracks

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  turnkyle 
#1 ·
I put a set of WSS4 tracks on my teryx 4. It’s awesome but the 35% speed loss is a disappointment. Anyone know if I can change my clutch or gears to give it more top end speed?

#3 ·
Where did you get you tracks from and how much?

#6 ·
If you are hitting the speed and/or rev limiter any gearing changes won't help. You can have your ECM reflashed which on a stock machine will increase the top speed from 50 mph to the low 60's. The other thing is I wonder how far off the speedo is, meaning you might be prematurely hitting the speed limiter. Have you checked the actual speed via GPS? For the clutching I would call JBS and run it past them as they might be able to do something about the clutching to make a little difference, but again I don't know how much that would help unless you deal with the speed limiter first.

Out or curiosity, how fast are the tracks rated at? The 35% reduction (assuming that is the gearing reduction) means it should go around 32-33 mph which just seems like a pretty good clip for tracks?

#9 ·
You should look into a speedohealer, it's a plug and play speedometer recalibrater. I got one for my Brute Force 750 that I put tracks on. You can just set it to read a -50% for the signal going to your speedometer and it will trick it into thinking you haven't hit the speed limiter yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.