Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it mounted and powered up, ran the tach lead to the tach lead on the VDI, but the RPM's jump ALOT. At idle it goes from 800 to 2000. Just wondering how the tach seems when coiled around plug wire instead.

Do you have to calculate the ratio for the speedo or is it programmed in for the stock tires on the Teryx. If not what numbers are you guys using?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I went straight to the Rear Plug wire.. Works perfect in that location very clean reading. I am running 26" Bighorn tires and the spedo matches my GPS number for number. I did not change any of the stock settings - hope that helps

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I ran it to the rear plug wire, 10 wraps worked real good. Made my own mount to the rear of the spindle for the speed sensor. Did not like the idea of drilling the speedo where they tell you to. I think it should come with a mount instead. Overall it seems to work pretty well, but if I had to do it over again I would definetely buy the stock kawi display and an aftermarket tach over the trail tech.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
THere should have been instructions with the speedo. Make a chalk mark on your tire ( I used the kids sidewalk chaulk), push it one full revolution and measure the distance from the 2 chalk marks left on your garage floor or driveway. (You need to do CMs. I bought a tape measure with that on it.) Then all you do is put the measurement into the speedo. If you switch tires around much, just keep all of the measurements wrote down somewhere and when you change tires, just put the right number in and you're all set to go. Oh, also, if the instructions came with it, they have the calculations to change it over to standard measurements, but that always seemd to be off 3-4 MPH when compared to a GPS or my car speedo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts