Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all Id like to hear opinions or your trailer setup of how you strap your machine down. I have an Aluma 12' trailer and am debating getting the E track system and even tire nets to bind down my T4....thoughts on this??:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
E-track doesn't compress the suspension when used with wheel bonnets. I use the bonnets but with D-rings. I'm going to change over to the e-track as I think it's just really easier to strap down with bonnets no matter what order i have that machines in the trailer.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I've always done mine the old fashion way, safety chain hooks in the back and bumper in the front, but I will have e-tracks shortly and looking forward to trying them out.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The e tracks are nice. I could see them being useful for alot of applications as in hauling multiple machines on one trailer with tire nets. I've never had any issues with my ratchet straps hauling my stuff around. I use the heavier 1½" wide straps with a heavier weight rating. I bind it up tight to the front bulkhead of the trailer and she never budges even driving to Colorado and running 20 miles of dirt roads on the way into elk camp.

·
Registered
974 Posts
The tracks work well, I don't have the bonnet or tire net. I simply use the heavy straps to go over the tire. Because of the low pressure, I can tighten them enough that they are riding lower in the middle than the outside of the tire, that way they can't slide off during transport. One strap over each tire, takes about five minutes and I can watch the straps in my side mirrors. Doesn't get easier than that

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
One thought about the e-track:
Using bonnets like this, the force is pulling directly up on the relatively small screws that hold the e-track to the deck.
Typical tie downs usually have much larger bolts, and tend to be pulled sideways a bit, so they're more in shear (which is good)
I guess that there's enough small screws in the e-track that the force is distributed and should hold up well enough, but it just makes me wonder a bit...
I don't have any particular experience either way with the e-track, but have been considering installing it in the toy hauler. Also concerned there with the raised edge + kids with bare feet!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yes the load is distributed over the length of the track, also factor in the sxs is sitting on the track meaning the force would have to first overcome the weight of the sxs before actually starting to pull the track from the floor.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My tires sit on the tracks, so no sideways pulling...
Those E tracks are ALUMINUM???? I didnt see that in all my searching so far!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
No, you can't weld steel to aluminum. If they are definitely welded, then they are definitely aluminum.
There's a few sources online for the stuff, probably not cheap though!
So, you made me pull out my paperwork, Jerk! :)

Yep, aluminum. I have E-Track # V4540 which I had them install when I got my trailer. Don't remember the cost being all that crazy but the aluminum trailer was more than the usual steel version. The straps too cost more.

Works for me because I keep it outside year round and anything that makes my life easier is worth the extra cost. I'll also be adding their L racks to my pick up in the spring.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
Love them!

I use the same setup, but bought the tire bonnets from Jeg's. The T4 wouldn't come off the trailer, even if I turned the trailer on it's side...lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts