Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has anyone blown up a tranny yet? I think I just blew mine up this evening. It banged into gear very loud, then clunked as I drove it slowly for around 150 feet. I stopped to try reverse and it wouldn't move. Put it back into high and low, neither gear would budge the thing.

I'll have to see if I can find any obvious damage tomorrow. Going to be tough to get it fixed over the long weekend I'm sure. I rely on it for work so this is kind-of a bad break.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As it turns out my Transmission case is cracked wide open. Part of a bearing and gear are exposed. I'm surprised at the damage, I wish I at least had a good story to go with it.

I thought I heard some tranny noise the other day while I was flat out across some rough ground. Possibly it cracked then and just busted open now?

Have any of y'all heard of this problem before?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is cracked outward. There is a piece about 3 sq inches missing on the driver side at the very back. I found a couple of the pieces. The bearing is about 1/3 exposed as well as the gear beside it. The pieces that broke out are part of what holds the bearing in place. It seems to me that the bearing was forced back and upwards breaking the case.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got the Teryx back yesterday. Kawi came good on the job and did it under warranty. almost $5000 worth of work. Idle shaft was bent reverse gear was broken and both engine case halves were replaced. They also threw in new rings while it was apart. I guess I better break it in again.

Also got the ground strap recall done and a new cargo net as the stitching was coming out of mine.

Kind of a bugger but my roof broke transporting it home. I assume from other threads here the roof is covered by warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts