Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

What full size truck brand do you prefer?

• Chevy

Votes: 200 35.0%
  • Dodge

Votes: 141 24.7%
  • Ford

Votes: 174 30.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 36 6.3%
  • Nissan

Votes: 21 3.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm a Chevy guy all the way! Although things may change when the Japs come out with a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel!

My only issue with GM trucks is the overall stance of the trucks as they come factory. Besides overall comfort, I never understood why they are like this........

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm a Chevy guy all the way! Although things may change when the Japs come out with a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel!

My only issue with GM trucks is the overall stance of the trucks as they come factory. Besides overall comfort, I never understood why they are like this........
Come on brian. Chevy all the way.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I had that problem.................then when i got it back i left it STOCK.......I know.......... I know......Most dont understand that concept

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think the chevys are bad ass cuz of the duramax and allison tranny, however i have a problem with the cheesy front suspension setup, you cant convince me that those small ass a-arms are as tough as a solid axle like a dana 44 or ford 9" I have a dodge and have never had any problems, if GM went to a solid axle this poll would be so obvious!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Im driving a 08 6.4L F250 Crew and I put the extreme race livewire tune from SCT and it Rocks!!

Here is a pic of mine

·
Registered
154 Posts
First post. Saving my $ for a Teryx, gotta sell my Street Bug.

I own a 1997 F-350, long bed 4x4 Crewcab, bought new.
7.3 PSD built E40D, a few mods.:D
I converted it to a dually, we haul a Artic Fox 990 cabover and pull an enclosed trailer. We downsized from a 30 ft. Class A several years ago, and have never looked back. The kids have their own rigs, the camper is perfect for me and Momma. With the slide-out, we have plenty of room.
I have no intention of ever buying another new heavy duty truck.
The 7.3 has 83k on it, and if it ever lets go I will stab a Cummins in it.
IMHO, all of the new trucks have something to brag about, and all have many things to be ashamed of. The moves they are having to make to deal with the new fuels, and pending 2010 emissions crud are not exactly improving any aspect of the performance, economy, or longevity of the engines.
My #1 son just bought an '05 Dodge 2500 crewcab longbed with the H.O. 5.9 and a 6-speed. It has under 40k on it. He tows a small toyhauler with it. I have driven it and it is a helluva nice truck. The dealers were darn near begging him to buy a new 6.7 smogger, and he was determined to find a good 05-06 H.O.
He did find one. He loves it.
There is nothing out there in the brand new dept. that is worth 50k of my coin.
But I am getting tight in my old age.

1 - 20 of 363 Posts