Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm in the process of updating our families T4. We currently have Catvos 3+2 lift a-arms, 30" blackwaters, force John stage one clutch. We want to do a full exhaust that isn't too loud and a programmer of some sort. We do only trail ridding with the family. Any recommendations for upgrades?

·
Administrator
4,316 Posts
Big Gun and Muzzy both made full exhausts for the Teryx, but Muzzy went out of business and I'm not sure if Big Gun still makes one. I had a full Big Gun on my first Brute Force. Good quality and sound. If you can find one for the Teryx, I recommend it.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang out of Business? Any one have suggestions of what to upgrade for some clean power? Saw HMF seems to still have some exhaust and programmers.

·
Vendor
971 Posts
Is it worth the whole system or just a better flowing muffler ?
If you want my honest opinion....aftermarket exhaust is really only good for making you louder and changing the tone. It can have a small impact on power in Turbo machines, but doesn't really do much besides make you louder and change the tone in a NA machine with no turbo. Maybe the tiniest measureable bump on a dyno, but nothing noticeable on a NA besides the sound.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you want my honest opinion....aftermarket exhaust is really only good for making you louder and changing the tone. It can have a small impact on power in Turbo machines, but doesn't really do much besides make you louder and change the tone in a NA machine with no turbo. Maybe the tiniest measureable bump on a dyno, but nothing noticeable on a NA besides the sound.
I'm sure just figured after all this time the muffler is worn. Looking like a HMF slip on will be the way I go unless anyone here recommends something else.

·
Vendor
971 Posts
I'm sure just figured after all this time the muffler is worn. Looking like a HMF slip on will be the way I go unless anyone here recommends something else.
They are just as good as any. HMF is a quality company. You may do some youtube searching and see if you can listen to the different options and choose the tone/volume you like the best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I chased that animal and ended up with a big bore kit!! and then ultimately add a KRX 1000 to my stable. It definetley has a lot more power but aftermarket exhaust will only give you more noise (even with a quiet core inserted) I would go smaller tires to get some power back or spend the big bucks and go big bore. Best mod I did to mine was the Bandit shocks!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put a full HMF on my 08. I like it. Does it add power? I don't know, but it sounds good. I also did the dynatek coils and programmer. I added a lot of items at once, so it's hard to say what added how much and where. But, it's a lot funner ride now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts