Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having a hare sramble for the utv s on sunday labor day weekend,paying back in two classes,100% of entry fees will go towards pay backs, entry fees will be $25 .Each class will pay back $500 to win as long as 10 utv s start the race in that class.It will be a 3-5 mile loop,nothing extreme, can be raced with a sock machine,no jumps will be involved.More details to follow,please feel free to ask any ? or give any suggestions

The 2 classes are looking like this but subject to change

700cc and below
over 700cc

Thanks Wilborns
call 205-612-6200 for any ?
visit us at Wilborns ATV Trails

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Attention please go to Wilborns ATV Trails events section and pre register if you think you may be racing in our labor day weekend hare sramble,we only need your info.you pay when you get there.

Thanks David

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We now have a 4.2 mile track set up for the UTV Hare Sramble,you will run 5 laps which should take about 1 hour.This track offers a little bit of everything with only 2 slow technical sections,the rest of the track is made up of tight trails,open power lines and fast trails through the woods.We have already ran through the track with a Rhino with no problems,this is going to be a very exciting race with some great spectator areas set up by the 2 technical areas, one by the down hill section and the other by an up hill section.Ive listed a few of the rules people have been asking about.

1.Helments,belts and eye protection must be worn
2.co-pilots are optional
3.It will be a dead engine start
4.If you are caught cutting the track you will be disqualified,we will be using the 25 foot rule,you can go outside of the trail up to 25 feet to go around a slower rider or a machine that may be stuck and blocking the trail,after that you must get back on the trail.We will have several course officials all around the track to monitor the race.
5.We have 2 classes 700 cc and down and over 700cc

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just a comment... have y'all had good results splitting up at the 700cc number? From the inexperienced eye, it would seem that your essentially putting rhino 450s, 660 & 700s, mules etc together and the teryx, RZR and etc together. I would have expected that a more competitive split would have been as a minimum getting the rhino 700s out of the lower cc class or focusing on engine mods or something... just my 2 cents & curiousity.

BTW, I really hope that I make it out there. Sounds like fun no matter what.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We will definatley look at some more classes after this first one,I just hate having 1-3 show up for a class.Around here the majority of machines are either 660-700 Rhinos and rzrs if we have enough of 450s or other diff. sxs show up we will try to make a class for them,hope to see you here labor day weekend

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was just curious. I would like to run with those 700 Rhinos!

Most importantly, it's no fun to race with only a few guys so lump them together if there's not too many of us and then sort it out at the finish:box1:

Hope to see y'all there. We're looking at either this on or the one at Barnwell Mnt. Depends on where the wife & kids would rather be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts