Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok let get a new trend started.How many guys out there with Valve problems & are sick of no service from Kawi.This is a factory build defect that should have a RECALL & should be fixed.
Air Box location RECALL.Oil crackcase pressure RECALL,radiator to small over heating problem RECALL,Poor plenium adaptors for carburators RECALL.

Theres more but these are my main problems.

United States and Canada BBB Consumer and Business Reviews, Reports, Ratings, Complaints and Accredited Business Listings

I hope guys respect this trend and not tell us that is all operators fault.We are simply looking for service.

2008 Teryx 600 hours replace valves 3 times every 200 hours.Adjustment lost count.
:rm_thumbdown::rm_thumbdown::question:

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Are your running a stock or aftermarket CDI?

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Good point. A aftermarket box is a bit hard on the stock valves
Hence the question...an aftermarket CDI increases the rev limiter and the springs (especially on the exhaust valves) wearout due to the higher rev. This will in turn cause the valves to mushroom and also destroys the seats. If you just changing the valves and not the springs, then your valves will continue to fail. I've never heard of a stock CDI having valve issues...

Air box design, air plenum rings and crackcase I agree on. I've never had any cooling issues, so I can't back that complaint.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have a few in the area with stock cdi and all have valve problems.Never told us when they sold them that we couldn't do upgrades because of there valves are to soft.i had stock cdi on mind for the first 400 hours still went throught two sets of valves.

if the valve seats need machining dosn't matter what valves & springs we put.It can't fix the weak metal & wrong degree problem.it can only delay it awhile longer.

What about the other problems air box ,carburator plenuims, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
weller racing has a fix for the valves.

·
Registered
765 Posts
mine has between 200 and 250 hours on it and i just adjusted the valves on the front cylinder. I am gonna go ahead and replace them anyway because I am going to do a big bore.
Never had a problem with overheating.
never had a problem with the plenum rings..guess im just lucky.
Just recently have I started having a problem with the crank case pressure ( after doing cdi, ket kit, and muzzy exhaust. I am still not sure that the crank case pressure is my problem now or if my rings, cylinders are messed up from hydro locking it a year and a half ago.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are the heads from 2009, 2010 ,2011 ,2012 the same as 2008.Will the head of a those years fit & work on 2008.
Is the air box in the same location on those years as 2008.
The radiator i believe was changed what year was it upgraded.
have they changed the crankcase for oil blow by or have they added a e-vac kit.

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
are the heads from 2009, 2010 ,2011 ,2012 the same as 2008.Will the head of a those years fit & work on 2008.
Is the air box in the same location on those years as 2008.
The radiator i believe was changed what year was it upgraded.
have they changed the crankcase for oil blow by or have they added a e-vac kit.
I know the T4 has a different engine, so I'd assume that the 2012 would have the same configuration. The heads are the same up through the 2011. Air box is slightly different from the carb model to the EFI, but same filter design. Again, the T4 relocated the filter to under the hood. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest follow. Radiator was changed on the '09 slightly larger and larger fan unit. Crankcase pressure will always be a problem with higher rev limiters, but routing the vent line back to the case would be ideal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think there should be a recall on these machines if not I will let everyone know of the problems and the lack of help from Kawasaki

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have owned an '09 and '11. The '09 only had one problem...ok two. The first was a chunk of gasket missing on the engine halves. That was covered under warranty. I have never had a cooling issue at all. I installed the Muzzy exhaust, VFJ clutch kit, MSD ignition, DASA water impeller, and I run 27.5 pitbull growlers. Still no heating problems and definitely no valve issues. I have owned the '09 for two years and the first failure was the speed sensor. I have only owned the '11 for 3 months but so far it has performed flawlessly.
This is just my experience.
Joe

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
I have owned 3 different side by sides, the Teryx is the best built machine by a mile, it ain't even close, and I am not partial to any brand, I have owned the all, I am not a Kawi fan with the quads but on the side by side the Teryx is my choice. As for as a Polaris I could not keep it together, I liked my Rhino better than the Razar, thats why I still have the Teryx and my Rhino and the Razar is in the wind.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I have owned 3 different side by sides, the Teryx is the best built machine by a mile, it ain't even close, and I am not partial to any brand, I have owned the all, I am not a Kawi fan with the quads but on the side by side the Teryx is my choice. As for as a Polaris I could not keep it together, I liked my Rhino better than the Razar, thats why I still have the Teryx and my Rhino and the Razar is in the wind.
Well said Kim.

·
Registered
810 Posts
i have an 08 and just hade a 840 bbk put in will i have heat issues???
Did you upgrade anything in the cooling dept? I think most would atleast recommend an upgraded impeller. DASA makes one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Completely stock and I have valve issues since 500 miles. Now sitting at 3300 northeast miles. I did what most do and just kept adjusting time and time again. I'd say the # of times, but I'd guess @ 15 times, more towards the end. It's apart but Kawi should be at least paying for upgraded STRONGER BETTER MADE intake valves...seems like its only the intakes from what I hear. This is NOT a high-performance issue with revving/higher RPMs being the culprit. Bone stock!!!(engine, not machine itself). I just want it running again and down the road it goes. I never had these many problems with Polaris. Lets see, 1200 miles front diff filling with water only when 4wd is used & pushing oil out-new seals installed and yoke/axles cleaned up--6months doing it again! 1500 miles- Output shaft seals leaking, both front and rear--again, cleaned up yokes and new seals. Made it 3 months on the front, @ 6 months on the rear. And this thing is ridden, but not abused and well taken care of. I love the machine but Kawi needs to hire some other brainiacs because right now their R&D are retards. And by ignoring these issues and continuing to build using the identical crap for years, it is a big FU to us consumers. And they just plain don't give a flying frisbee. Really...what the **** kind of manufacturer has the balls to tell me that the reason for the valve issues is "these engines aren't made to be run at WOT (wide open throttle)". Yeah, that what 2 hours of on the phone got me. So now I have a $10,000 rock sitting in the garage. Might as well slap a chevy bowtie on it! ( yes...Chevrolet is also on my shitlist for the crap they have been rolling out in the last 15 years! Both Suburban and 2500HD spent more time getting fixed without being fixed than I spent driving the damn things!)
OK..getting pissed so I'll stop there. :rm_thumbdown:

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
i have an 08 and just hade a 840 bbk put in will i have heat issues???
Yes, take your radiator to a shop and have them do a triple pass, costs about $100-$150...also upgrade your impeller to a high flow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts