Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pos made me walk about 2 miles today,had to pull it back with a damn honda to boot.got home and put the stock cdi back on and it started right up:buttkick:

my $400 dollar purchase will be refunded:mad:

·
Official Booyaa Crew Member
166 Posts
Was yours ever updated?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they said it was,but i guess it hasnt been?

·
Registered
813 Posts
what happened?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
drove about 10 miles worked fine,then all of a sudden it just quit.would sit there and crank and crank and jsut wouldnt start so i had to walk to get a foreman then we pulled it back and pushed it on the trailer.got home swithed out cdi's and it started up like nothing was wrong?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thats why I will carry the stock one with me..

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
I never leave home without the stock one either

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats a bunch of bs,the 4x4 dont work worth a crap either with the vdi

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think you got one that hasnt been updated bud,call lyle in the morning and he will fix it..

·
Registered
813 Posts
Describe not working right? Did it not engage at all?

·
Registered
162 Posts
It wont engage or disengage while driving at all. I have to stop and shift through gears and rev it up or turn it off to get it to work. Very incosistent of what gets it to go in and out. POS. Im getting tired of sending this thing back to get it fixed. Maybe I can just get a refund.

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
I ran my updated one today too and it did the exact same thing! sometimes it would lock in and sometimes it wouldnt, had to go through the gears and even shut it off once in a while...same problem as Sidester very inconsistant.

·
Official Booyaa Crew Member
166 Posts
Thanks guys! i was going to order one tomorrow! I think I will wait!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine will not idel if you come to a stop it will cut off .Rode all day saturday and it was fine today this crap put the stock cdi in and rode the rest of the day. This thing has to many bug to go on a long ride.I carry my stock cdi with me to but really you should not have to!!!!!!!! Oneday I praise it the next I hate it.:cussing:

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
Mine did the same thing also.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i,ve got the same problems with the four wheel drive and the idle, it needs to get fixed i'm getting sick of this also!

·
Registered
134 Posts
same here..my neighbor got a green regular edition teryx with the supposedly updated or reflashed VDI and his will not go in and out of 4x4 and it goes dead while at idle...put the stock CDI in and it runs smooth and goes into 4x4 like it should..not sure where he got his but he said he is gonna send it back and wait for Dynatek to offer one that has been thoroughly tested and not rushed like the VDI was...those were his exact words...Im sure Lyle will back his products...hes a good man

·
Registered
50 Posts
This looks exactly like the threads back when the VDI came out for the brute. From what I have read, you can be assured Lyle will come through eventually.

I, personally would try to wait for a dyna cdi, but it would be tough to wait. :wall:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya,mine would idle fine but you had to shut it off to get it in or out of 4x4?

how the hell do we get ahold of lyle?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts