Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copied from HW website.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------I hope I am accurate, we have the first Teryx that has an ignition on it that will allow more performance and gereater top speeds.

We acheived 53.5 mph via GPS today and 57 mph on the dyno at 9000RPM.

The seat of the pants difference is amazing. Between Lyle at Velocity Devices and myself we got all the kinks worked out. New units will be here next week so order yours today!!

If you visit other forums then help pass the word!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kawasaki Teryx
Kawasaki Teryx Forums
Kawasaki Teryx Forum
Teryx Forum
Teryx Forums

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VDI or HW as far as I know. Maybe the forum here may become a dealer, I don't know.

I am thinking that dyna will have something soon also. Probably much cheaper, and simpler.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
im scared of the dyna with all the cutting out problems

todd has them for sale on his site!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To each there own, but I have heard way less problems with dyna than VDI, BUT VDI has always fixed the problems. This is on the BF.
Yes, some have trouble with the low speed miss, but I'm never at low rpm, so I don't notice it.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
true,the teryx will be at low rpms cant get around that just the nature of the machine,and my brother has a vdi on his brute and its a night and day difference!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I just got my wireing diagram to change my VDI to fit my Teryx,this is gonna be fun.

·
Registered
194 Posts
CDI

Dragon fire also has one out. Its half the cost but they do not list as much info.

They also have a dual exhust listed with the following info:
"Kawasaki Teryx DFR Dual Guns
9 HORSE POWER To The Ground!!! The numbers quoted below are Rear Wheel Horse Power (RWHP). The stock Teryx makes just over 22 HP to the ground. We wanted to find a way to make more power with out getting into the motor. We added a DragonFire Racing CDI and we made 25.72 RWHP. We then added our new “Dual Guns Exhaust” and we made just over 29 RWHP (175 Main Jet) We then added a billet intake system with a K/N air Filter and made 31.34 RWHP. (200 Main Jet) We have not yet tuned with an aftermarket carburetor, but believe we will see more low and mid range gains, as well as quicker throttle response."

This is going to get fun... Who's going be the 1st one over 60mph with just a pipe, CDI, airbox mod.... Mine is getting built up right now by a local shop. Long travel arms, Full doors. 4 person cage, King shocks, and Light bar with 4 H.I.Ds.. I'm also looking for some one who is talented at painting these in the SoCal L.A. area.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Something doesnt seem right,stock rex's are making over 25rwhp and your saying with a cdi its 25rwhp.. Im curious to see the billet intake system though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ya those numbers didn't add up for me as well.:confused: Just wanted to put it out there that there was some one else with one out as well.:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dragon fire also has one out. Its half the cost but they do not list as much info.
They also have a dual exhust listed with the following info:

"Kawasaki Teryx DFR Dual Guns
9 HORSE POWER To The Ground!!! The numbers quoted below are Rear Wheel Horse Power (RWHP). The stock Teryx makes just over 22 HP to the ground. We wanted to find a way to make more power with out getting into the motor. We added a DragonFire Racing CDI and we made 25.72 RWHP. We then added our new “Dual Guns Exhaust” and we made just over 29 RWHP (175 Main Jet) We then added a billet intake system with a K/N air Filter and made 31.34 RWHP. (200 Main Jet) We have not yet tuned with an aftermarket carburetor, but believe we will see more low and mid range gains, as well as quicker throttle response."

This is going to get fun... Who's going be the 1st one over 60mph with just a pipe, CDI, airbox mod.... Mine is getting built up right now by a local shop. Long travel arms, Full doors. 4 person cage, King shocks, and Light bar with 4 H.I.Ds.. I'm also looking for some one who is talented at painting these in the SoCal L.A. area.
Ok that is a quote from their Rhino exhaust with Teryx replacing the word Rhino.

DF Rhino exhaust

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just ordered mine. Hope it works good. I know there is already a clutch mod that kelly at PDM has done that gives you 5 more mph. VDI plus clutch mod, 60 mph here I come! :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Already been done with the Team Green Teryx. Vforcejohn clutch mod and a pipe................63 mph.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yea baby... did you get any video :D... Also what pipe was used? Jetting, CDI any and all specifics would be great..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know specifics, but I read it had a pipe and a clutch mod. Was told it was a pro circuit pipe. It was said it went from 58-63. Just passing along info, but you are right, I personally have no proof. Hopefully someone will back this up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
OHH , Sorry i thought it was your Teryx... I would think it was true however, Just was hoping to see so video of it moving along that quick....

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I just ordered mine. Hope it works good. I know there is already a clutch mod that kelly at PDM has done that gives you 5 more mph. VDI plus clutch mod, 60 mph here I come! :D

does todd have them in stock,or are you waiting on it?

1 - 20 of 106 Posts