Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got word from Lyle we will have CDI's in our hands by the end of next week. Since we helped develope it we get get first shot at the new batch.

Todd
Hunterworks

·
Registered
62 Posts
i'm not the mechanic that most of these guys that write in, meaning that i'm not sure what a vdi is, but is it worth all of the hipe i'm hearing.

·
Registered
314 Posts
yes! a quick bolt on product with mucho extra power, we love it!!!! I am very impressed with the VDI!! It lets the machine run with no restrictions, so wide open. It is not detuned like the stock cdi. when talking of the cdi and vdi they are referring to the same thing...

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I can't comment on the Teryx (yet) but I have had a VDI CDI in my 2005 Brute Force 750 going on 3 years. This Copperhead CDI is pretty much plug and play and is the difference between wheeling a stock quad in high gear with a VDi vs having a very hard time to do it in low with the same bigger tires. The 2 level setting is awesome. I can leave a stock setting for less experienced riders and have a setting that advances the timing for premium gas and lets me squeeze a bunch of extra power out of it. Controlling the reverse override and limp mode are nice features too. I originally bought it for eliminating the detuning Kawi did to 8km per hour. I wanted to be able to punch it from the start and have full power to get me through the swamps. It has worked great for me and everyone who has a brute and rides mine has wanted one. Lyle's service at VDI is second to none. By the way I do not know anyone at VDI and have never corresponded to them except by email to order their product and ask a technical question. I bought the pod and now they have free online programs on timing set ups. I am not a full time mechanic either. The VDI is a brand of CDI.

edit The link to thier web site is
Velocity Devices Inc. - Your source of high performance ATV parts and accessories.

The second generation units allow you to swap out this Copperhead CDI between different units after only buying the new harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts