Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of the same vendors are also on another forum so sorry for asking the question twice.

I'm looking at a 4 seat cage to protect my kids on family rides and me for some part time racing.

What type of tubing do you use and why? Do you consider any of the desert racing or other sanctioning bodies when designing the cage and choosing materials?

Tie into the bed or to the frame - pros & cons?

I don't see many cages considering gussets or triangulation that would be common in other forms of racing, but I haven't looked that hard.

Bottom line, while I want a good looking cage, first & foremost I want to make it to work on Monday to pay the bills:D

Feel free to direct me to some pics!

Thanks. I'm shopping btw, so PM me some prices if you like.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Cages

The FST Teryx 4 seat cage looks pretty good the main tubes are .120 wall dome for added safety. We also sell XMF which I believe is an .095 wall chromoly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The cages look well done... v-bars on the vertical, upper triangle over the back part of the cage. Are the both the same FST?

Can you PM me a price on an unfinished cage with Freight to a business in pineville, la? Also an option for a top. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Just finished 4 seat cage
Tied to rear bumper , 090 mild steel ,we an do it out of 4130 or DOM if a guy thinks he needs it, we don't.

We have an aluminum or soft top options, this one is shown with our bolt on doors and a soft top .

I will pm you pricing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Looks good everybody.

Does your 4 person cage meet most racing requirements? I'd like one that you could pull out the rear seat and cooler bag attachment and be a weekend warrior racer but still be safe for a little one in the back on a trail ride the next weekend with the seat re-installed.

What type of metal /thickness do you use in your full on CORR style race cages? Is it a lot more money to go to the stronger steel?

·
Registered
79 Posts
soft top

I love that soft top in two tone red and black...its friggin awesome!!! May i ask how much a top like that would be for a 4 seat cage(built by PDS Fabrications) done with velcro fastener?????

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
No our cage does not meet CoRR specs . If you want one that does we can certainly do that. If a guy was willing to pay the difference in material pricing and a little extra bracing.

A CORR cage is made of .095 4130 tubing

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grant, the cage looks good... I'm sort of looking for what Doug is describing also. We don't have the CoRR stuff down here in the South much, but my concern is that as we go racing, DOM as a minimum will be a requirement in some cases. Is 4130 really required or is 1.75" 1020 DOM acceptable?

Like the v brace between the seats. Can't see what you're doing on the roof though.

Anyone worked out an easy way to use pins to remove the rear seat? As Doug said, I'm looking to hit about 6-8 races of various types around the area. I think it's going to be more realistic to get on races that are at some of the MX track though and that's what got me more concerned.

What's the cost difference now days for DOM?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Grant, the cage looks good... I'm sort of looking for what Doug is describing also. We don't have the CoRR stuff down here in the South much, but my concern is that as we go racing, DOM as a minimum will be a requirement in some cases. Is 4130 really required or is 1.75" 1020 DOM acceptable?

Like the v brace between the seats. Can't see what you're doing on the roof though.

Anyone worked out an easy way to use pins to remove the rear seat? As Doug said, I'm looking to hit about 6-8 races of various types around the area. I think it's going to be more realistic to get on races that are at some of the MX track though and that's what got me more concerned.

What's the cost difference now days for DOM?
The difference in cost between 1 3/4 DOM and 1 1/24130 is probably insignificant. We would opt to build it out of 4130 1 1/2 . Like I said to Doug we can build just about anything . If we can work around our standrd design and add to it we can be much more cost effective.

Call me and we can talk about what you need

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Grant, looking at the cage more closely, it almost looks like the Funco is allowing room for the bed to tilt? Just curious...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tied to rear bumper , 090 mild steel ,we an do it out of 4130 or DOM if a guy thinks he needs it, we don't.

We have an aluminum or soft top options, this one is shown with our bolt on doors and a soft top .

I will pm you pricing
GRANT THAT IS AN AWESOME LOOKING CAGE COULD YOU POSSIBLY PM ME THE PRICE OF YOUR CAGE AND THE AVAILABLE OPTIONS THANKS

·
Registered
115 Posts

I will pm you pricing
grant, can you send me pricing on those doors?

I have just released a new cage for the Teryx, Can be built out of .095 chromoly or dom your choice.
badass dave....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Induced-

Could you please PM me the price on this cage and can you powder coat it in Kawi Green????? Also, I need the price with the alum top!!!!!!!!

Thanks-

·
Vendor
3,814 Posts
HERE IS OUR OPTIONED OUT CAGE... EVERYTHING IS AN OPTION, WELDED IN SEAT BASE, ALUMINUM ROOF, REAR SEAT BRACKET, REMOVABLE REAR SEATS, FENDER WELL DELETE KIT.

CAGES STARTING AROUND $900 OR SO

1 - 20 of 31 Posts