Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im located in Upstate NY, looking to ride with other Teryx owners. I have my own land and permission to ride on 1,500 acres. Lots of mixed terrain. Let me know. Any one else have a place to ride in New England States?

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Where in upstate do you live, I was born and raised near Binghamton ,NY I live in North Carolina now, But I am working in NJ and never leave home without my Teryx, Let me know maybe we can hook up and ride, there is nowhere to ride in NJ!!!!!!!!!

·
TEXAS RANGER
61 Posts
Im located in Upstate NY, looking to ride with other Teryx owners. I have my own land and permission to ride on 1,500 acres. Lots of mixed terrain. Let me know. Any one else have a place to ride in New England States?
Wish I live a little closer......:tent6:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live 20 minutes East of Albany, NY. I also have a camp near Cobelskill (half way between Albany and Binghamton with 7,200 acres of land to ride. Yeah..if your in the area reach out to me.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Maddog, I will for sure get in touch with you, I should be able to get up there in the next few weeks, send me a PM with you Phone #!!!!!!!!!!! Look forward to some great ridding!! Thanks:pepper1:

·
Registered
69 Posts
what town do u live in i live one hour north of albany by the sacandoga lake .there are a few of us up here that r owes lookin to ride

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what town do u live in i live one hour north of albany by the sacandoga lake .there are a few of us up here that r owes lookin to ride

Just read this. No problem... The snow has hampered riding for now, but would like to ride there. I'm off of exit 7 on the Northway, so maybe an hour to you.

Have you had luck with anyone in the area stocking aftermarket parts? I'm looking to do mods to my cage and some full skids.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i ride in nj all the time just hit me up on my cell 845-222-1903

·
Registered
69 Posts
powerhouse motor sports in mayfield they have been great if they do not have it they get it quick and the best prices on new machines. 518-661-7787

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ride time..snow's melting, all 3+ft. of it!!

Any of you up for a Hatfield Mccoy trip? I've never been, but I figure a Member on here should be able to hook us up. I have room for 2 Rex's in the trailer. Any takers, I'll work the logistics. Say... May time frame? Great riding there from what I hear. Some charity rides are being spun up down there too, I'm game. Any forum Members with some input? Permits, lodging, maps, near by shop support. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there. My buddies and I went to Hatfield last September and the riding was amazing. I literally bought my Teryx 3 days before I left to West Virginia. The trip took about 12 hours to drive from Long Island but was well worth it. The permit is actually good for the year anytime you want to use the trail. We did 3 of the trails down there and each one had its own personality. We stayed at Indian Ridge and half of us rented a log cabin and the other half used my buddies RV. The best part of being down there is that you can use your machine on the streets! You just pull off the trail and go into town for food and fuel and back on the trails again.

We plan on going again this September because the weather is perfect. Not too hot and not too cold and it isn't too busy either. Its one trip I plan on doing every year from here on out. I hope this helped. Also check out their website and sign up for their newsletter for upcoming events and info.

Safe riding!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey there. My buddies and I went to Hatfield last September and the riding was amazing. I literally bought my Teryx 3 days before I left to West Virginia. The trip took about 12 hours to drive from Long Island but was well worth it. The permit is actually good for the year anytime you want to use the trail. We did 3 of the trails down there and each one had its own personality. We stayed at Indian Ridge and half of us rented a log cabin and the other half used my buddies RV. The best part of being down there is that you can use your machine on the streets! You just pull off the trail and go into town for food and fuel and back on the trails again.

We plan on going again this September because the weather is perfect. Not too hot and not too cold and it isn't too busy either. Its one trip I plan on doing every year from here on out. I hope this helped. Also check out their website and sign up for their newsletter for upcoming events and info.

Safe riding!
Thanks for the info. When in Sep. you going? Your info says L.I. still there? My family is still on the island but I'm upstate now. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still on Long Island. I live on a dead end street that has all woods and trails next to me so its nice to take the machine out every now and then. We are looking int going the 3rd week in Sept probably the 20-27th. Not exactly sure if thats set in stone but we usually go with around 7-8 machines and 8-10 guys. For $50 for the Hatfield trail permit to ride whenever you want you cannot beat it. What part upstate are you in? Me and my buddies go up to Mahopac every now and then. We found a good spot to ride that is very technical and very dirty..lol. My machine and mud become the best of friends whenever we ride. We also go to the Lost Trails in the Poconos too. That is a lot of fun as well. :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going to the Hatfields at the end of April. I went last year before I got my Teryx and had a blast. I can't wait to take the Teryx down. K9 you said you went to the Indian Ridge trail, that is where I am going. How did the your machine do on the black trails?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Piece of cake. The Teryx handled everything I threw at it. There were a few times where we went on the Black/Red trails that were supposed to be off limits for UTV's and it was no problem. By the end of the trip, the 2 Rhinos that were in our group both went down for the ten count. Mine was the only UTV to survive the week. Not too bad for the first week out with it. Its a tank! I would also check out the Rock House Trail. That one was a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the trip!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A few of us are headed there May 22 - 25. If anyone will be there then it would be cool to hook up. Staying in Gilbert.
Sounds good. So are you riding at the Rockhouse Trail System? Where in Gilbert? Do you have a recommendation for me? Where to stay..etc.. Have you been before..cause..I haven't and don't want to go unprepared. I was also looking at going during that time period. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds good. So are you riding at the Rockhouse Trail System? Where in Gilbert? Do you have a recommendation for me? Where to stay..etc.. Have you been before..cause..I haven't and don't want to go unprepared. I was also looking at going during that time period. Thanks in advance
Sorry for the delayed response. Yes we will be riding those trails.

As far as a place to stay it was pretty crowded but this is the lady I spoke with, she may be able to fit you in or suggest another place in town. There are a few different rental places in Gilbert.

Penny Sammons 304-664-2078

None of us have been there before but we aren't worried about it. We have all been riding for at least 20 years and we haven't lost a guy yet! :razz:

Would be great if you can make it down for those dates. You kinda have to head my way to get there so we could meet up and head down. Feel free to call me anytime. 724-518-0318.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts