Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post but have used this forum for a lot of great info! As the title says, the hole alignment on the Kawasaki Winch mount plate is too narrow for the roller fairlead of the Warn Vantage 4000lb to fit. (Fairlead is way to wide). Has anyone come across this issue? Is there a better winch mount to use instead of the Kawi one? I'm riding a 2015 Teryx4 Camo if it makes any dif.

Thanks in advance for any help/tips

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so obviously there are 2 standard bolt arrangements for the fairlead and the Kawasaki mount will only accommodate the smaller one for some reason, probably of the 3000lb winch and down. I see KFI makes a pretty slick winch mount but apparently it's not compatible with the Vantage 4000 due to motor lead orientation? Not sure if there's a work around for that. Guess I shouldn't have cheaped out and just bought the Provantage 4500.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I ran into issues also, first tried a Viper widespool on a KFI and it was hitting my bumper. Got a Warn 4500 and the leads were so close to the bumper it was scary so I just bought a Warn bumper and problems solved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestion, seems like that would indeed be a good solution to both my problems! Not to mention it looks pretty slick. I think I'll look into that option.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Other than Badlands winches, the lead orientation can be clocked to a different alignment by removing the cap bolts. There are usually three choices.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, thanks for the tip. I have a question (kind of new to some of this!) I can't figure out how the motor lead orientation is different on the Vantage 4000 from the Vantage 3000 (3000 will work with KFI mount, 4000 won't)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
One is probably narrow spool and one is probably wide spool. Anyway, don't shy away from chsnging thd position of the endcap. It's a 2 minute job and that's what it is made to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts