Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All! I currently have a Warn Vantage 3000 on my 2016 Terry4. The 3000 has struggled to pull me out of some spots so I want to upgrade. I purchased a Warn Vantage 4000 with the synthetic rope. I have not installed it yet. Talking to Warn tech support and seeing some other threads on here, it sounds like I might run into some problems getting the 4000 mounted to the Teryx as it has a wider bolt pattern than the 3000. Has anyone installed a Warn Vantage 4000? If so, did you run into any issues? Did you use a mounting plate? If so, which one? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fatherof1son, I just ordered this exact bumper and it came in yesterday. I cant wait to install it this weekend. I went ahead and got the SuperATV 5000 to go with it so it can use the existing bolt holes and plus I don't have Warn money lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
2018Terex4, it’s a well built bumper for sure. You will like it, it’s easy to install. I did it myself. That’s one thing you won’t have to worry about , your winch will bolt right up to it. Well if I had to do over again I wouldn’t have gone so crazy on mine. I definitely over did building it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
HI All! I currently have a Warn Vantage 3000 on my 2016 Terry4. The 3000 has struggled to pull me out of some spots so I want to upgrade. I purchased a Warn Vantage 4000 with the synthetic rope. I have not installed it yet. Talking to Warn tech support and seeing some other threads on here, it sounds like I might run into some problems getting the 4000 mounted to the Teryx as it has a wider bolt pattern than the 3000. Has anyone installed a Warn Vantage 4000? If so, did you run into any issues? Did you use a mounting plate? If so, which one? Any help would be appreciated!
I installed a Warn Vantage 4000 on a 2014 T4 inside the lower front frame. I used the Warn mount and didn’t have any problems so you may want to consider their mount. As I recall, their mounts were more expensive (and at the time harder to find) but it bolted right up.

I also agree with the previous posts that the SuperATV bumper is awesome if it will work on your machine. We have one on a 2018 T2 and the winch mounts on top, easily accessible and out of the mud. But, if you have a tilting hood (like our ‘14 T4) it blocks it from opening.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recently installed a Warn XT40 on my 2015 Teryx. I used a KFI winch plate (Amazon has them for $50). It worked great. The bolt patterns line up and the intall is really simple. The only issue I ran into was that with the KFI winch plate, the winch terminals butt right up against the bumper frame. I had to rotate the winch motor so it fit a little nicer. That was a really simple process of unscrewing 2 long bolts and rotating 90 degrees. Either way, the winch and the plate are solid and it looks good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all. Thanks for the replies. I ended up ordering the Warn mount plate and it installed with no issues at all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts