Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
R Rees
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on the Teryx forum and most likely not my last one.
I'm waiting for the LE's to show and then I can go go go.

I would like to know if there is a special mount for the Warn winch for the Teryx. I read where the machine is "winch ready". If you have any information concerning the winch mounting on the Teryx I would appreciate hearing about it as I would like to get a winch ordered.

Ride safe and thank you,
Randy Rees

·
Registered
813 Posts
Welcome man,I too am waiting on my LE to get here. The mount is already there so the winch will bolt right up,are you wanting a bumper?

·
R Rees
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rutcutter,
I just got off the phone with Warn and they say they are working on a "Bumper Winch Mount" P/N 78477 and a mounting kit P/N 76872. Both of these are 1-2 months out. I really hope the mounting kit is not needed but that's what I just got from Warn.

Best,
R Rees

·
Registered
813 Posts
The mount that kawi put on there is pretty stout.. :smile_popcorn:

·
Registered
103 Posts
The mount kawi put on is very stout but the suport bar for the bumper is in the way to mount the winch I had to fab a mount that would raise the winch up about two inches so it would clear the bar.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
thats kinda shady about not being able to use the stock winch mount

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'll just fab up some spacers if they havent fixed it when mine rolls in.

·
R Rees
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just drilled new holes and used 3/4" spacers
Chase,
Nice machine!!!

Where did you put the spacers? Between the winch plate and the stock mount or where? I'm sure when I get the LE and the winch I'll know the answer but I'd like to be ready.

Thank you,
R Rees

·
Registered
813 Posts
Oh ok I see now,thats a problem when you installed the custom bumper. shouldnt be a problem on the stocker..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Oh ok I see now,thats a problem when you installed the custom bumper. shouldnt be a problem on the stocker..
I have a stock bumper and the brace is still in the way more than the custom bumper in the pic above:mad: That is the reason I had to make mount that would move it up around 2" Very dumb design but warn will probly come out with one.I try to get some pic of what I am talking about.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got my warn winch mount adaptor $125. but they are on back order...

·
Registered
813 Posts
I bought a 4000 viper and I swear it will outpull the 4000 warn I had and its fully sealed and was $200 w/plasma rope to my door.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts