Put new sneakers on the Teryx (four 27-9R-12 Maxxis Bighorns) went for a ride to try them out and to see how close the speedo was to being correct. It was .2 slow according to GPS. Ran 59.5 MPH and 58.6 MPH with 2 adults on board. Then we went on the lease to see what the Timber crew had left us after they got thru cutting timber and was going over lots of left over sticks, small short logs etc that they had left after cutting. Easing along, as I had two of the grand children along, and got a stick/small log up thru the small skid/inspection plate where you drain the oil (the small one that has the opening that is bolted to the large one you remove to get to the filter. Had to get down on my knees to pry the log out from the bottom, couldn't go forward or backwards. Got it out and noticed the Teryx was not running right. Looked under and found some wires unplugged on the passenger side. Drove the passenger rear wheel up on a low stump so I could crawl under it for a better look to see where it came from. Discovered the small skid plate/inspection plate ( the part that bends up) was bent up almost touching the drive shaft. Got the 10mm socket and ratchet and removed the small plate to straighten it (did it by hand, it's not very strong) and to see where the wires came unplugged. Couldn't see where so I crawled back out and pulled the passenger seat and found they went to the crab on the passenger side. Plugged the back up (one of the prongs is smaller than the other so you can't get them wrong) Then I discovered two more broken wires (one pink and one brown) pulled out/broke off with no plug ends on them but couldn't find where they went. Started Teryx back up, runs fine now so I decided to head back to camp and winch the front up to get a better look figuring I had to pull the rest of the plastic panels across the front of the Driver and passenger seats. Up on starting to drive back I noticed the speedo wasn't working so I figured that was where the wires went. After winching the front up and putting jack stands under it. I pulled the big skid plate you pull to change the filter and looked for the speedo drive ( I knew it read off the drive shaft) but I couldn't find it. I thought I was looking for a sensor on the drive shaft. Then I discovered the other very short brown and pink broken wires (they were covered up by a bendable wiring tab which hid them) which were connected to a weather proof plug (that turned out to be the speedo sensor that I thought would be located on the drive shaft but wasn't it was on the right side of the engine case) that had looked like it was ok at first observation. So I unplugged it and did a splice between the 2 broken wires, taped and tie wraped the wires up tight and buttoned it all back up. In my opinnion that shid plate needs to be replaced with a solid plate that covers the hole completely. The stick/log hit the gas tank hard enough to knock/scrape the silver foil off the side of it, glad it didn't puncture the plastic. I will be putting a steel plate on the left side of the gas tank in the near future for extra protection along with better skid plate protection and covering the hole where the small skidplate/inspection plate is. Hopes this saves someone from having to go thru this experience.