Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed oil yesturday and upon removing the steel skid plate below the motor, I noticed some rusty water draining from one of the holes. Lowered the jack and got about 4 oz. of rusty water out of it. Anyone else notice this, appears to be another design flaw!

BTW, I have a bunch of higher capacity oil filters from my quads that are longer than stock, however due to a coolant line mounted in front of the oil filter only a stock length filter will work. Had to go get some stock ones today.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
yep,its normal.just leave the front left bolt out so it will drain

·
Registered
29 Posts
Water in frame

Mine had water in it also. Has anyone had problems with the inserts spining on the skid plate screws.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Xb8walls
I just attempted to remove the main skid plate from my Teryx this weekend. Two bolts will not come out. It looks as though the inserts are spinning in the frame. Did you figure out how to fix this situation?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Water in frame

There are inserts out there that you can buy to install I just have not checked into it yet. I think if you use a impact gun on them where it spins them real fast at first they will back out. They use the same insert on a duck blind i have installed several on boats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts