Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,

I just completed installing LED lights of the front and back of my T4, also installed a Badlands 5000 to test out.( anyone disregard the circuit breaker on their installation? This circuit breaker is ridiculous, and not protected from any water).

The wiring harnesses for the LED lights identifies them as weather resistant, I wouldn’t say I agree. The relay in the front is mounted next to my fuse box, which I’m not overly concerned with. I couldn’t find a good place to mount the relay at the back of the rig for the rear 4” LED’s. I was planning on mounting the lights to the underside of the bed, one on each side of the exhaust. I was initially going to try and fish the wiring up be roll cage and mount the lights up high and quickly opted out of that when I realized how big of a pain it is to run the wiring to the back.

So, the relay and in-line fuse are now on top of the frame rail, right below the gap in the body from the bed and the back seats. I’m trying to come up with a waterproof enclosure to use as a somewhat accessible water tight junction box for the relay and in-line fuse. All I can find are the waterproof relay blocks, which isn’t what I need. I’m almost thinking a 5” long piece of 1 1/2” pvc piping with test caps would fit up there and protect the relay.

Thoughts? Go...

P.s. I wanted to try and use the factory harness for the connections at the lights. After fishing my own wire and running into this issue? I should have chopped the harness apart and mounted the relay up front with the other one. I wasn’t a fan of having connections under the dog box between the rear seats.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just installed the badlands 5000lb winch on my teryx. I was worried about the exposed voltage on the "circuit breaker" for the winch contacting the frame but didn't want to go with out some protection so I wrapped it with splicing tape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts