Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

521 - 540 of 673 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the piano hinge idea under the front. I saw a post several months ago but I can't find it now. A strap on each end with snaps should work though.
The strap sounds like a great idea, going to look further into this option. :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have seen several people mention that there is little owner provided photos/video of the Mule and some have concerns about its ability. Here is an idea of what we use ours for. I was hauling wood today and snapped a quick photo. I was able to come home via the local roads and one has a very steep section to it (Often impassable in the winter even for 4x4 trucks) - the Mule came right up with the load on the back without a problem. The only snag I hit was my trailer hitch scrapped the hump in the middle of the road a few times because I was so loaded down.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have seen several people mention that there is little owner provided photos/video of the Mule and some have concerns about its ability. Here is an idea of what we use ours for. I was hauling wood today and snapped a quick photo. I was able to come home via the local roads and one has a very steep section to it (Often impassable in the winter even for 4x4 trucks) - the Mule came right up with the load on the back without a problem. The only snag I hit was my trailer hitch scrapped the hump in the middle of the road a few times because I was so loaded down.
Code54, thanks for the update. Just curious, have you adjusted your rear shocks?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Code54, thanks for the update. Just curious, have you adjusted your rear shocks?
I hate to admit it but the shocks are set at the factory presets - I was going to adjust them and really forgot all about it. If I crank them up I am sure it will droop less but then again with the amount I had on it Im not too sure how much it would have helped.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In the near future mine will be filled with wood too! Great to hear and see what she's capable of! Riding around here in Illinois for vacation today, had 6 people in the cab and 2 standing in the bed, my receiver dragged on the road a few times too on the stock setting.

·
Registered
139 Posts
In the near future mine will be filled with wood too! Great to hear and see what she's capable of! Riding around here in Illinois for vacation today, had 6 people in the cab and 2 standing in the bed, my receiver dragged on the road a few times too on the stock setting.
I think you will find an improvement in how she sits if you dial up the shocks to their max setting. There is a few hundred pounds in the difference between factory setting and max setting in terms of recommended settings in the manual.
I'm guessing the factory setting gives a smoother ride and presumes most folks won't be hauling heavy loads all the time. It's not that hard to change the settings; just make sure you get the wheels off the ground before you try it. If you have a floor jack you are set - if not, now you now have an excuse to get one :)
Personally I don't see me hauling much wood in my future, but I will be dialed up this fall when moose hunting season opens up.
You can get heavier springs for the Mule from Kawi - not really sure why they didn't equip the Mule with them out of the gate - if you find she still drags more than you would like.
I adjusted my shocks to the fourth setting a while back and found I increased my clearance by nearly an inch. We are lucky in this regard; the Vikings don't have adjustable shocks and the Vikers are having issues with sag after a bit of use or with carrying small loads in the bed.
Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'll be sure to do that and post pics as well. Got 47 miles on her just this week! Just tooling around the subdivision at the inlaws. The engine brake is awesome in low range!
Vacation over drove back to wv all day,back to the grind in the AM:(

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had mine half full of firewood last week and went up the steepest hills (2 of the hills we went up are considered dangerous) on our property and the mule handled it just fine with ease. I was unsure of its capabilities before buying it because of the lack of videos online, but I am sold now, I am 100% confident that it will do EVERYTHING that I want it to do. So happy with my decision to buy the MULE. BTW I have 165 miles on mine already!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had mine half full of firewood last week and went up the steepest hills (2 of the hills we went up are considered dangerous) on our property and the mule handled it just fine with ease. I was unsure of its capabilities before buying it because of the lack of videos online, but I am sold now, I am 100% confident that it will do EVERYTHING that I want it to do. So happy with my decision to buy the MULE. BTW I have 165 miles on mine already!
Speedy, good stuff. What drive mode did you have your Mule in during your hill climbs? Just curious; I have been amazed where I have been able to run in 1 wheel mode. Any sketchy areas I go into I lock up the rear and put it 4 wheel drive, so I haven't been pushing the envelope to find the fail point in one wheel mode.
Like you, I am totally confident the machine will handle anything I am willing to attempt. While I am no daredevil I have noted raised eye brows on some passengers while traversing wash outs.
Must get back to my "to do" list so I will have some free time tomorrow to take the Mule out for a run. Haven't tested out my new front diff yet, really hoping the noise is gone.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just installed my factory hard top. Anyone trailer these with the factory roof,& a windshield at 70mph on an open trailer with out a problem?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have had a chance to do two short runs with my new front diff. I have about 20 miles on it and have had a chance to run it for prolonged periods at 15 - 25 mph where the noise used to be obvious.
At this time the noise appears to be gone so she runs a lot quieter than before the switch out. I want to log at least 100 miles on the new diff before I do a victory dance, but right now things are looking good and sounding a lot better. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I guess I have just gotten lucky because the diff noise on mine cleared up after my first service and I am know going to do my second service just hit 50hours today anyway how many hours/miles have you guys got? Does anyone else think that these recommended service intervals are way to close together?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a new FXT EPS. I'm just calling different dealers and getting their best prices. Amazing how much prices vary from dealer to dealer. Best price so far is $11,699 + tax. I'll have to drive 400 miles one way to go get it but I'll still save a good bit of money versus local dealers. Several have been $15k+. I'll post up when I get one home.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where you finding the 11699 price? That is way better than what I am seeing in utah.
That is a great price.

Deerhunter4- You certain they quoted you the EPS model?
Out of respect of the dealers, I would not post the dealer on the board publicly rather do it via PM.

521 - 540 of 673 Posts